Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hitch_nnw

What actors from Hitchcock's pre-1960 movies are still with us?

With the very recent passing of Martin Landau, I'm just wondering who's left among actor's appearing in movies from Hitch's "golden age." 

The two that come immediately to mind are Kim Novak and Eva Marie Saint.  We also have Shirely MacLaine and Doris Day (an astonishing 95).  So all women.

Any others?

• Like 3

Vera Miles (leading lady in 1956's "The Wrong Man").

Jerry Mathers (Shirley MacLaine's son Arnie in 1955's "The Trouble With Harry").

• Like 5

Patricia Hitchcock--she had a small role in 1950's "Stage Fright", a notable supporting role as an almost-victim in 1951's "Strangers On A Train" and a final role as Janet Leigh's coworker in 1960's "Psycho".  She's almost 90, if I remember right.

• Like 4

I was going to mention Pat H. myself.  She has a pretty significant role in Strangers on a Train.

• Like 3

According to bansi4, who posts regularly at the TCM message boards at

Films and Filmmakers > *CANDIDS* 2

Patricia Hitchcock turned 89 on July 7, 2017.

Happy belated!!!

• Like 7

The wonderful Norman Lloyd, 102, and still a great raconteur. You may know him as Dr Auschlander on St Elsewhere, but he was the real saboteur(not the falsely accused Robert Cummings) in SABOTEUR.

• Like 6

Hitch_nnw has just posted a new topic entitled "What actors from Hitchcock's pre-1960 movies are still with us?" in forum "The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
With the very recent passing of Martin Landau, I'm just wondering who's left among actor's appearing in movies from Hitch's "golden age." 

The two that come immediately to mind are Kim Novak and Eva Marie Saint.  We also have Shirely MacLaine and Doris Day (an astonishing 95).  So all women.

Any others?

• Like 4

you didn't attend the Hitchcock course. that's where this was posted.

Has Tippi Hedren been mentioned?  ... The Birds, Marnie one of my personal favorite Hitch Leading Ladies.

• Like 2

Robert Redford

Television, yes, but was Robert Redford in any of Hitchcock's films? I can't think of any.

• Like 1

Television, yes, but was Robert Redford in any of Hitchcock's films? I can't think of any.

"With the very recent passing of Martin Landau, I'm just wondering who's left among actor's appearing in movies from Hitch's "golden age.""

Details, details. 

If I stretch "golden age" through the entire 50's and early 60's (IMNSHO  :rolleyes: Psycho and The Birds should be considered part of H's golden age):

Laurinda Barrett

Nehemiah Persoff

Brigette Auber

John Gavin

Robert Redford

I don’t think Red and Hitch ever worked together in a film.

• Like 1

North by Northwest - the boy in the restaurant who puts his hands over his ears when the gun fires. ;)

Can't find any reference to the name of the actor. But he must be in his late sixties by now.

Edna May Wonacott (young bookworm Ann Newton from Shadow of a Doubt) is apparently still around.

At least as of 2010:

Wonacott is still with us and her mother lived to be 102 years old which is a good sign. 

• Like 2