Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In The Prisoner of Zenda we see the phantasmagorical kingdom of Ruritania in all its glory. I would like to have seen more but this privilege has been denied me with the paucity of other films celebrating its beauty.

What other kingdoms of this sort intrigue you to visit or sojourn during a busman's holiday or would you rather go to Walt's kingdom and see a mouse and duck instead.

Remember Walt does not have Ronald Colman in his service at the theme park.

No film adaptation has ever done justice to Hope's original. If I had the means I would depict Ruritania as a realistic realm clearly based on Spain and the other kingdoms of our time, instead of as a costume party in which everybody wears ridiculous uniforms and gaudy decorations.

No film adaptation has done justice to Hope's original. If I had the means I would depict Ruritania as a realistic realm clearly based on Spain and the other kingdoms of our time, instead of as a costume party in which everybody wears ridiculous uniforms and decorations.

Excellent exegesis, Palmerin since often these filmic costume dramas have the country looking more like a colony of Groucho's Freedonia from the film Duck Soup.

Another country one might not like to visit would be Puritania.

I'm intrigued by Klopstokia, where all the men are named George and all the women are named Angela. And where Mata Machree is the "Hottest Thing in Old Klopstokia."

2a6ececdd646bce88542a1bd1d1b42ed--absurd

Poster%20-%20Million%20Dollar%20Legs%20(