Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
littletramplover

~*~Classic Film 21 Questions~*~

We have a winner! You got it, Dee...it was ARSENIC AND OLD LACE. This movie was issued in 1944, but the setting was 1941, in Brooklyn at Halloween. An almost immediate "flaw" was that the World Series wasn't being played at Halloween that year, as the movie would lead you to believe. And, in this movie was one of my all-time favorite lines, "Insanity runs in my family...it practically gallops!"

Ok, Dee...it's up to you to start us off on the next round now, which is lots of fun in itself.

And, Slappy...what kind of devilry were you up to there, you little stinker you? I can think of at least five people here who probably had this one the minute I said "Brooklyn", so thanks for giving someone else a shot youse guys (smile).

Classic, you're a class act! It isI Remember Mama! It is a personal favorite. I adore Oscar Homolka as Uncle Chris. I had uncles just like him.

Well Classicfan, tag, you're it!

Because I've already had a turn at this today, I would like to pass the next round off to Stigal, who deserves a turn herself. You up for it, Stigal? Go for it!

And, Dee...thanks for a nice round!

Ok. Here's the deal. I guess Stigal isn't available, so I'm going to start one that I hope someone wins real quick because it's late in my day and I'm tired and I wanna go to bed!

Once again, please pay attention to the rules of this game, and Good Luck!

First Clue: This movie was called "Grand Hotel" at Sea by some.

There you go, Feaito! You got it!

Perhaps of interest: "Ship of Fools" received 8 Oscar nominations, but only took home two (Art Direction/Set Design, and Cinematography). And, Lee Marvin, who was wonderful in this movie was not nominated, but instead won that year for "Cat Ballou".

Now it's up to you, Feaito, and the other night owls to keep this going until morning. Time for me to hit the sack.

Man that didn't help me at all.

Since Neil Simon was squelched, I'll go with that other famous New Yorker and say "Annie Hall"?