Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Torchy Blane "Fly Away Baby"

• 1 year later...

It's not being shown for this marathon either. I checked back issues of Now Playing and see that the last time it was shown was June 30, 2004. It's odd that there would be Torchy Blane marathons and leave out one of its titles. As the original post asks: does TCM no longer have, or have rights to, this title?

Yeah, it's crazy that it's never aired any longer when they run these mini-marathons! That 2004 date was my first exposure to the "Torchy Blane" series of films, I was in heaven! Fortunately I taped all of it, so I can re-watch this rare film in the series.

I hope it's just some sort of oversight and that TCM still does have access to "Fly-Away Baby".

There's just a slight chance that the reason for its omission from the marathons is because the title doesn't include the words "Blonde" or "Torchy" like all the others in the series do, resulting in it being passed over when the Torchy Blane movies were being selected for the marathons. It seems hard to believe, but that kind of thing has happened before.

Perhaps tcmprogrammer can answer this for us.