Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE LINEUP (1958)

Guest dredagain

Did anyone watch this one? Very odd film with Eli Wallach and Robert Keith as hitmen and Warner Anderson as a cop.... had several very nice touches.... and did anyone notice the San Francisco locations mirroring those in VERTIGO?

I watched it decades ago on TV. I remember I didn't like the detective part of the movie, but Eli Wallach and Robert Keith were excellent as the bad guys. "By five-thirty it will all be over" is the line I remember from the film. The car chase was (apparently) state of the art at the time, and I thought it still had a freshness to it.

One of Don Siegel's best films. "Madigan" is another terrific one from about 1967/8.

the focus was interesting in that the "bad guys" were more interesting. The cops were kinda dull in a "Dragent" kinda way. It was also pretty violent for the 50s, and the bad guys (Wallach and Keith) had all the humorous lines, squabbling over grammar and "famous last lines," which the Keith character collected.

The on-location shooting was very interesting.....

• 4 months later...

I never saw any of those films. I would like to see Desperate and purchase The Lineup. Does TCM have either or both of those films up for DVDs? Also, Quicksand is an interesting Noir character study. Rooney fills the bill here. I watch it a lot.

• 4 weeks later...