Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Dan, it's been over 24 hrs. w/no hits. Want to try another clue from the same movie?

(Remember the answer always seems "easy" to the one who poses the question)

Okay, here's the movie title: "Black Angel." The speaker of the quote is Broderick Crawford.

Now, with those additional clues, can you tell me WHY he says what he says? Remember, it's:

"Well then, you're going to have to wake him."

Why does he say that?

Cheers,

Dan

Okay, here's the movie title: "Black Angel." The speaker of the quote is Broderick Crawford.

Now, with those additional clues, can you tell me WHY he says what he says? Remember, it's:

"Well then, you're going to have to wake him."

Why does he say that?

Aw, you guys are no fun any more. Nobody has responded to this question, or my last one either.

In "Black Angel" (1946), Broderick Crawford, as chief of detectives, discovers a vital clue that will exonerate the innocent man about to be executed for murder. It's early in the morning, before sunup.

He goes to the phone, calls the Governor's mansion, and asks to speak to the guv. Urgently.

There's a pause, and we know the person at the other end of the line is saying that the Governor is still asleep.

That's when Crawford says the above line. "Well, then, you're going to have to wake him."

He says it coolly, but firmly. Then we fade to black. The end.

Have fun.

Dan

Sorry Dan, never saw the movie...but I'll keep an eye out for it. Sounds like a good noir w/Duryea, Crawford & Lorre.

Now this, I think, IS an easy one:

" If I die, I'm sorry for all the bad things I did to you. And if I live, I'm sorry for all the bad things I'm gonna do to you."

Now this, I think, IS an easy one:

" If I die, I'm sorry for all the bad things I did to you. And if I live, I'm sorry for all the bad things I'm gonna do to you."

Roy Scheider, in "All That Jazz" (1979).

mr6666, you DO know, don't you, that all these quotes are available on Google?

Cheers,

Dan

Dan, no , I wouldn't know how to 'google' them if I wanted to. (How DO you do that, BTW?)

But these ARE supposed to be 'famous' quotes, so I'm not surprised.

Have you another one to ask?

"You are too short for that gesture"

"You are in a behive Pal, didn't you know? We are all busy little bees "full of stings", making honey day and night. Aren't we honey?"

"There goes Eve, little Miss Evil"

"All about Eve"

Jay DePalma

"I'm begining to think you planned this whole excercise"

"That's enough"

"No, no, you made an accusation and you must allow me the opportunity to defend myself"

"Surely you can understand that"

"Cruelty"....I always think it has a nobler meaning."

"Yes or no?"

"Al right. War"

"Dangerous Liaisons" (1988)

Jay DePalma

"I think I'm seen you for the first time. You're cheap and horrible! Get you things and get out of this house before I throw them on the street and you with them. Get out before I kill you!"

"Mildred Pierce" (1945)

I simply LOVE this quote!

Jay DePalma

"I picked you for the job, not because I think you're so darn smart, but because I thought you were a shade less dumb than the rest of the outfit".

" Guess I was wrong. You're not smarter, . .you're just a little taller."

" I really did, too, you old crab. Always yelling your head off, always sore at everybody. You never fooled me with your song and dance, not for a second."

"Double Indemnity" (1944)

Jay DePalma

Okay, the idea is to guess what film the quote is from and, if possible, the character's name and the actor who played it.

Try this: " Personally, I think a chicken is as good a reason for murder as a blonde, a mattress full of dollar bills or any of the customary, unimaginative reasons."

"I was in a car accident and sustained some heavy brain damage. That's the easiest one to pull

now. Whiplash don't work no more. Ten thousand, just like that! Broke a leg once. But brain

damage is really it! I'm lucky like that, man, things happen to me."

Said by whom, to whom, in what film?

I've waited a day longer than I usually do in these matters. I really hoped there was someone around who had the same respect and affection I have for a neglected 1970s classic

The "Whiplash don't work no more" speech is by Harry Dean Stanton As Jesse Dupre to

Kris Kristofferson in the title role of Cisco Pike.

Maybe this one will be easier. It was an ad-lib that has become a standard joke. A man hears a

woman attempt -- poorly -- to sing, and he says:

"Don't quit the day job just yet, Honey."

...By whom, to whom, what film?

I didn't even change movies for this one. We're still with Cisco Pike. Kris Kristofferson

addressing that Andy Warhol satellite named named "Viva!" (sic re the punctuation).

One more try:

"In ten more minutes you'll be smokin' in Hell!"

The "smokin' in Hell" speech: Hunchback Klaus Kinski to Lee Van Cleef in For A Few Dollars More.

Trying a real softball now:

"Tom, I advised Michael. I never thought you were a bad Consigliari, I thought Santino was a bad

Don, rest in peace."

Who, to whom, what film?

OK, just to get going again...

answer: Brando/Corleone to Duval/Hagen in THE GODFATHER.

NEXT: "I t's not war that's unnatural to us, it's virtue. As long as valor remains a virtue, we shall have soldiers. So, I preach cowardice. Through cowardice, we shall all be saved. "

"It's not war that's unnatural to us, it's virtue. As long as valor remains a virtue, we shall have soldiers. So, I preach cowardice. Through cowardice, we shall all be saved."

I'll say: James Garner, in "The Americanization of Emily" (1964).

Also known as, simply, "Emily."

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks, dan. You're right, of course.

Your turn---:)

Thanks. Here is a quote that should be familiar to all lovers of classic films.

"Look, Mister, I'm so tired, you'd be doing me a big favor if you'd blow my head off."

Who said that, and in what film?

Hint: The star of this movie has been in the news lately.

Cheers,

Dan