Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

And Ritter has another good line in that script: "If I have to be buried in Potter's Field, it'll just

kill me!"

But to present business:

"There ain't anything more ruthless or relentless than a genuine good woman!"

Who, to whom, what context?

Do you mean Lee Marvin/'Rumsen' to Eastwood/'Pardner' in "Paint Your Wagon"?

Not sure about context. Maybe when the family has to stay in the cabin, and Seberg/"Elizabeth" doesn't want them knowing she's living with both men?

How about this quote from a catcher to a batter during a baseball game:

"You couldn't hit a medicine ball in a revolving door"

Which movie? What actors/characters were involved?

cmvor, eeeexcellent! :)

In *Larceny, Inc.*, while in prison, during a prisoner baseball game, catcher Robinson/'Pressure' Maxwell says the line to batter Crawford/'Jug' Martin.

Your turn...

Let's try this one:

"You were right not to take that commission. Don't ever take it! If you do, I hope you get your can shot off."

Who, to whom, in what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But there's another quote I'm bringing up, not as a challange, but in hopes that someone can identify it for me. Again, in a baseball setting: Manager tells pitcher, "Don't walk this guy, but don't throw anything he can hit." Does anyone know the origional context of that line?

> {quote:title=cmvgor wrote:}{quote}

> Let's try this one:

>

> "You were right not to take that commission. Don't ever take it! If you do, I hope you get your can shot off."

>

> Who, to whom, in what?

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a line by Jack Kelly to Audie Murphy in To Hell And Back.

Another movie speech, more recent:

"God says He can get me out of this mess. But He's pretty sure you're f***ked."

Who, to whom, in what?

Thanks. How about this one?

"It is worth remembering that it is much more disheartening to have to steal than to be stolen from."

This is from a very famous, award-winning movie. What is the movie, who said that line, and to whom?

Hint: After I wrote this question, I tested the Internet to see if the quote would pop up. It did. Can you find it?

Cheers,

Dan

Now, this is hard to believe. We have a message board filled with experts on Classic Film. And you mean to tell me that no one remembers this immortal line?

To refresh your memory, here it is again:

*"It is worth remembering that it is much more disheartening to have to steal than to be stolen from."*

This is from a very famous, award-winning movie. What is the movie, who said that line, and to whom?

Hint: After I wrote this question, I tested the Internet to see if the quote would pop up. It did. Can you find it?

Cheers,

Dan