Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

The speaker is Barton Keys played by Edward G. Robinson in my favorite film noir Double Indemnity.

Correct!  Good job, Marsha.  Double Indemnity is my favorite noir, too. 

:)

The thread's all yours, Marsha.

Person speaking: "Your hair was darker then."  Person answering: "My heart was lighter then."

Please give the name of the first person speaking and the name of the 2nd person speaking and the name and director of the movie.

Thanks, Star.  I really love that movie.  I especially love the banter between Harlow and Beery.

:)

Next: 

Speaker 1: "Yes, sorta wish you hadn't done that, [name of person]."

Speaker 2: "Done what?"

Speaker 1: "Divorced me.  Makes a fellow lose all faith in himself.  Gives him a......almost gives him a feeling he wasn't wanted."

Speaker 2: "Oh, now look, junior, that's what divorces are for!"

Name the 2 speakers and the movie.

Cary Grant and Kate Hepburn THE PHILADELPHIA STORY

No, but that was very good guess.  You're very close.  The movie that I'm thinking of was made the same year as The Philadelphia Story.  One of the actors that you mentioned is correct (you can probably guess which one). 

I'm getting a headache from all this screwball scripting. But I think this one is His Girl Friday--Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell.

Advil works great for headaches.  You may want to keep a bottle on hand when you come to this thread.

Your answer is correct, Princess.  Your turn.

Azure-- its funny you should say that because I do use Advil all the time.

And in the screwball movies I think my favorite screwball headache is Carole Lombard's after she has to let Fredric March beat her up so she looks like she's dying. Yes, Carole was the queen of the screwballs.

Next: - - a gentleman asked a lady to dance. The lady replies: "I don't dance at your age."

Thanks, Princess,

In keeping with the holiday season here's a memorable quote from a memorable movie

Quote: "Well what shall we hang. The holly or each other?"

1. Name the move 2. Name the performer speaking the lines 3. Name the character.