Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

You got it! This is not necessarily my favorite movie, but it is probably my favortie Sean Connery movie. And I love how he talks to Costner in this scene because it sort of sets the framework for his character's personality in the rest of the story from that point on.

Take it away...cmvgor!

I'll try. This speech is addressed to a condimned prisoner who has requested that he go before a firing squad, rather than to the gallows.:

"Have you any idea of the marksmanship of the average soldier of King George? Half of them would miss you completely. The other half would botch the job, and leave you to the mercy of

the Provo Marshal's pistol. On the other hand, we can hang you in a perfectly workmanlike manner. Please, Mister Anderson, won't you let me persuade you to be hanged?"

*Devil's Disciple* '59

'Gen. Burgoyne'/Olivier to Kirk Douglas/'Dudgeon' who, I believe, is being mistaken for 'Anderson'/Lancaster during Revolutionary War. Great play by Shaw.

Anyone remember this?:

"Then, by God, run for office. You have such a fervent, passionate, evangelical faith in this country - why in the name of God don't you have any faith in the system of government you're so hell-bent to protect? "

Who to whom, in what film?

Okay, then...

"Bad attitude. Ungentlemanly behavior. It's a British sport, after all."

Who said that, and in what film?

Hint: It's not difficult to find the title of the film. What is more important is the name of the speaker of the line.

Cheers,

Dan

No to cmvgor and JackFavell.

Wow, I'm really surprised that no one has come up with the title of the film in question. It's available by a basic Internet search.

But the real question is: Who said the quote?

"Bad attitude. Ungentlemanly behavior. It's a British sport, after all."

Here's another clue:

The gent in question is still very active in films, he has appeared with Clint Eastwood, and is in the cast of a current popular film.

But of course, the film with the quote in question is neither current nor does it star Eastwood.

What's the movie, and who said it?

Cheers,

Dan

Again, while waiting for daneldorado's response...try this one:

"Oh, you English are *so* superior, aren't you? Well, would you like to know what you'd be without us, the good ol' U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest **** province in the Russian Empire, that's what! So don't call me stupid, lady. Just thank me."

Spoken by whom, in what film?

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}

> Nonsense. A women is beautiful when she has eight hours sleep and goes to the beauty parlor every day and bone structure has a lot to do with it! Who said it and what film?

Bette Davis in Mr. Skeffington, which wasn't at all like I expected it to be.

Re Skeffington, I would have sworn until Tuesday night's viewing that I had seen it before.

I now theorize that I must have seen a satire by the Carol Burnette gang about a certain Mr. Schlepington. Oh, well...

"...And this band of miscreants right here, this very evening, interfered with a lynch mob in the performance of it's duty!"

Who, addressing whom, what context?

The politician running opposite Pappy O'Daniel in *O Brother Where Art Thou*, addressing the crowd who were listening to the Soggy Bottom Boys singing Man of Constant Sorrow with George Cluney (my hair!). His point is the boys rescued their black guitar player from the hands of the **** about to perform a lynching (complete with choreography!) They were at a political meeting.

STOKES, the politician's name was Stokes!!!