Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

one of the 2 'Harlow' movies?

No, neither the Carroll Baker "Harlow" nor the Carol Lynley "Harlow," both released in 1965. But it's a good guess, as the quote sort of fits the character.

The movie in question, though a modern film in color and widescreen, is patterned after the films noir of the 1940s. The speaker of the quote has (at least) three different identities in the movie.

Here's the quote again:

"Sex? I wrote the book on sex. I'm a prisoner of it. Hell, I'm a victim of it. I know all about that feeling you get in your belly when a man says he wants you. And even if I know he's lying, I still get that feeling. I'm conditioned now."

Who said that, and in what famous film?

Cheers,

Dan

No new replies?

Okay, how about this: The woman who speaks the quote is talking to another woman; in fact, they are housemates.

And as I have already said, this film is a modern movie in color and widescreen, yet it is patterned after the films noir of the 1940s. The speaker of the quote has (at least) three different identities in the film.

Here's the quote again:

*"Sex? I wrote the book on sex. I'm a prisoner of it. Hell, I'm a victim of it. I know all about that feeling you get in your belly when a man says he wants you. And even if I know he's lying, I still get that feeling. I'm conditioned now."*

Who said that, and in what famous film?

Cheers,

Dan

dan, it's been 5 days since OP,

want to give any more clues, or put us out of our misery and give answer?

The film was released in the 1980s.

Here is the quote again:

"Sex? I wrote the book on sex. I'm a prisoner of it. Hell, I'm a victim of it. I know all about that feeling you get in your belly when a man says he wants you. And even if I know he's lying, I still get that feeling. I'm conditioned now."

The woman who speaks the quote is talking to another woman; they are housemates.

The speaker of the quote has (at least) three different identities in the film.

Cheers,

Dan

I will take a stab with BLACK WIDOW+?+

Sorry, no. It's been over a week since I posted this quote, and I think it's time to put it to rest.

The quote:

*"Sex? I wrote the book on sex. I'm a prisoner of it. Hell, I'm a victim of it. I know all about that feeling you get in your belly when a man says he wants you. And even if I know he's lying, I still get that feeling. I'm conditioned now."*

is from the 1984 film, "Choose Me."

It is spoken by Lesley Ann Warren, over the phone, to phone therapist Dr. Nancy Love. Warren -- who in the plot is named Eve, but uses aliases when calling Dr. Love -- does not realize that Dr. Nancy Love is in fact her housemate, whose name is Ann.

Jenetico, since you delivered the last guess, I'll let you take over now. It's your board.

Cheers,

Dan

This shouldn't be hard, if you've been watching TCM lately:

" Russian Roulette's a very different amusement which I can only wish your father had played continuously before he had you! "

--who said it, in what film?

(dan, you can sit this one out, as I'm sure it's too easy for you)

> " Russian Roulette's a very different amusement which I can only wish your father had played continuously before he had you! "

> --who said it, in what film?

Rex Harrison to Linda Darnell in Unfaithfully Yours ??

Okay, now this next one is familiar to probably ALL of you. And it will be quickly discovered, with minimum searching, as it is a popular quote. But there's a catch.

First, here's the quote:

"It isn't going to a bed with a man that proves you're in love with him; it's getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable, wonderful everyday world with him that counts."

I love this quote.

You will swiftly learn who said it, and in what film. But I want you to tell me TO WHOM he said it.

Cheers,

Dan

Henry Fonda to Jennifer Leak in the origional filming of Yours, Mine and Ours....??

Yes, you're right. That is one of my favorite quotes, all time, from the movies.

For the longest time, I thought Fonda was talking to Morgan Brittany (who appeared in this movie under her former name, Suzanne Cupito). But I watched it again two days ago when it appeared on TCM, and sure enough, it was Jennifer Leak, as the oldest daughter Colleen.

Your board now, CM....

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks, Dan

For years before I knew about the internet (and actually before it existed in it's present form), I would spot a line I liked and jot it down in a notebook, which I still have. I have no idea if this one

will be easy or not.

"Like my granddaddy always said, anything worth doin' is worth overdoin' "

Who? To whom? Film?

While we're waiting for dan, here's an easy one:

"Would you mind going out and cross the boulevard when the light's are against you?"

---film and speaker?

I'd say: Groucho Marx in "Animal Crackers" (1930).

Sorry to keep all you guys waiting. Here's one you can ponder:

"It's old rock. That doesn't make it classic. What sucked back then still sucks now."

Who said that, in what film, and to whom?

Cheers,

Dan

No replies yet? Here's the quote again:

"It's old rock. That doesn't make it classic. What sucked back then still sucks now."

This is an observation made by a fan of later-day rock music. It may help to know that the speaker is probably wrong in making that remark, as the "old rock" referred to is still enjoyed by many music fans.

Who said that, to whom, and in what movie?

Cheers,

Dan