Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD ('07)

John McClane:"Creedence. Creedence Clear Water Revival? Classic rock?"

Matt Farrell:"I know who it is. It's old rock, doesn't make it classic. What sucked back then still sucks now."

'McClane'=Bruce Willis

''Farrell'=Justin Long

LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD ('07)

John McClane:"Creedence. Creedence Clear Water Revival? Classic rock?"

Matt Farrell:"I know who it is. It's old rock, doesn't make it classic. What sucked back then still sucks now."

'McClane'=Bruce Willis

''Farrell'=Justin Long

Again, the sixer gets it right! Your turn now, sixes....

Cheers,

Dan

again:

>"Gentlemen of the jury, I demand a verdict of guilty. If you don't give me a verdict of guilty, I'll get >a new jury."

hint 1) Features a mis-matched trio, dropped into an unfamiliar environment.

hint 2) Features stars who've portrayed 'Lentulus Batiatus' and 'Sir Edward Coke'

Okay, thanks, Sixes. I think I'll also use this entry in my bid for this year's Politically Incorrect

Trophy:

"Marxie always told me: The Jews are bad enough, Dollink. But the Sicilians?!? They'd rather eat their children than part with money. And they're fond of their children."

Who? To whom? Film?

" I never catch colds."

" Really? I was reading some fiqures from The Sickness and Accident Claims Division. You know the average New Yorker between the ages of twenty and fifty has two and a half colds a year?"

"That makes me feel terrible."

"Why?"

"Well to make the fiqures come out even, if I have no colds a year, some poor slob must have five colds a year."

" Yeah..... it's me"

What 2 actors are speaking and what film?

Thank you, lb19. I'll make another try here for the Politically Incorrect Belt:

"I know about you! Your name's not Bell, its Bellini; you're a ****, like me!. Stay away from my mother, you big ****!"

Who? To whom? Film?

> "I know about you! Your name's not Bell, its Bellini; you're a ****, like me!. Stay away from my mother, you big ****!"

Further info: Early 1960s crime & courtroom drama. The speaker is an unknown whose career never went anywhere. But the person addressed has an Oscar, and the mother he refers to has Oscars.

"I know about you! Your name's not Bell, its Bellini; you're a ****, like me!. Stay away from my mother, you big ****!"

Further info: Early 1060s crime & courtroom drama. The speaker is an unknown whose career never went anywhere. But the person addressed has an Oscar, and the mother he refers to has Oscars.

I think that would be Stanley Kristien, speaking to Burt Lancaster, in "The Young Savages" (1961). Lancaster had an Oscar, for "Elmer Gantry" (1960). The mother in the quote is played by Shelley Winters, who had one Oscar at the time, and would win a second Oscar later on.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers and Bingo!, Dan. You're right and its yours now.

(And do I get your support for the Politically Incorrect Crown?)

Thanks, cmvgor... but do you really want that dubious crown?

Anyway, here's a new quote for you:

"She's a super woman. You don't appreciate her. She's the only honest woman I've ever met. There's nothing of a hypocrite about Miss D. That's more than you can say about the men she comes in contact with."

Who said that, and in what film?

Here's an additional clue: The two romantic leads in that movie were once married to each other in real life.

Cheers,

Dan

mr6666 wrote:

any other clues?

decade, genre, plot points?

Hey sixes! Welcome back! Where ya been? I believe we are still waiting for you, over at the Movie Trivia and General Trivia Question threads as well.

You want more clues to our Famous Movie Quotes poser? Okay, how about this:

It's a comedy/drama, produced by Warner Bros.

The quote again:

"She's a super woman. You don't appreciate her. She's the only honest woman I've ever met. There's nothing of a hypocrite about Miss D. That's more than you can say about the men she comes in contact with."

Who said that, and in what film?

Here's an additional clue: The two romantic leads in that movie were once married to each other in real life.

Cheers,

Dan