Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Now, now..."pulling the plug" without revealing the answer?

Isn't that a bit rude to those who did take the time to try, but were unable to find the correct response? Lack of guesses doesn't necessarly mean lack of interest.

Let's be honest, most of your questions are pretty tough.

Now, now..."pulling the plug" without revealing the answer?

Isn't that a bit rude to those who did take the time to try, but were unable to find the correct response? Lack of guesses doesn't necessarly mean lack of interest.

Let's be honest, most of your questions are pretty tough.

Scusi please, I forgot. You'll note that I did reveal my answer in the General Trivia Question thread.

But when you say I'm being rude to THOSE... (emphasis added), I wonder who you mean? According to my computer screen, you, mr6666, are the ONLY ONE who bothered to submit a guess. Maybe you and I should play this game on private emails.

Anyway, here 'tis:

The name of the movie is "Singapore Sue," a 1932 Paramount short.

The two sailors are played by Cary Grant (who he?) and Millard Mitchell. Both were in their late 20s at the time.

The sailors get "into their cups," and start heckling the talent on stage, in this case, a Chinese chanteuse named Anna Chang. When Grant calls her "a bow-legged dame," Miss Chang stops the show long enough to glare at him and lift her skirt. Then she speaks the immortal line:

"Hey sailor! You call THESE legs bowlegs?"

Of course, they were not. They were quite nice-looking.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for the answer, dan

(though just because there was only 1 guess, doesn't mean there weren't others who tried)

Anyway, here's another:

"If you can"t sleep at night, it isn't the coffee---it's the bunk."

--spoken by whom, in what film?

No replies yet? Tsk, tsk. I thought that was such an easy quote, it would be correctly answered the first day.

Here it is again:

"The only difference between us and other married people is we can't even get a divorce."

Who said that, to whom, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan

dan, it's been 6 days

Just to keep thread moving, want to give the answer, or more clues?

Good idea, sixes.

Okay. The film in question is a musical. That should light a thousand light bulbs over the heads of this forum's customers.

Once again, the line is:

"The only difference between us and other married people is we can't even get a divorce."

Who said that, to whom, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan

Well, this question has been up for more than a week, so I think it's time to call a halt.

First let me say two things:

1. I am gratified that you actually took a stab at coming up with the answer. That's what this board needs. More participation.

2. I am truly astonished that no one came up with the correct answer RIGHT AWAY. This one is so obvious, you may recall that I said I was lobbing you a soft ball when I posted it... especially after I told you it was a black-and-white musical.

Anyway, here it is:

That's a line spoken by Fred Astaire to Ginger Rogers, in their 1937 musical "Shall We Dance." They both play famous musical performers, and somehow the rumor gets started that they are married to each other, which is not true. So, together they try to figure out a way to stop the rumors. That's when Fred comes up with that line.

This film is screened by TCM at least once a year, maybe more often. Surprising that more of you didn't remember it.

And now, if mr6666 (or anyone else) would like to come up with a "Famous Movie Quote," the time is now.

I'll sit out the next round.

Cheers,

Dan

I'll never forget _that_ line, 'cuz I feel the same way.

Am from Chicago..and NOBODY from around here should put ketchup on a hot dog!

(now, of course, I've left myself open to death threats from opposing ketchup lovers...but so be it.

We were raised on "Super-Dawgs" where ketchup isn't even an option.)

Anyway.. wasn't that Eastwod, in "Dirty Harry"?