Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Sorry, no.

To re-cap:

>"The trouble with you dames is, you're always building castles then trying to move into them." ?

hints: Cagney---last pairing of buddy-team for 40 yrs.----famous cinematographer---

new hints: 1940 Warner Bros, + also featured tv's "Superman".

hints: Cagney---last pairing of buddy-team for 40 yrs.----famous cinematographer---

new hints: 1940 Warner Bros, also featured tv's "Superman".

Well, I'm guessing your "buddy-team" is James Cagney and Pat O'Brien. They were both in "Ragtime" (1981), and 41 years earlier they were in "The Fighting 69th" (1940). George Reeves, who played TV's Superman, also appeared in "The Fighting 69th."

Cheers,

Dan

pastman, By George, I think you've got it !:)

It was Cagney as 'Nick Butler' in *Torrid Zone* ('40)

The cinematographer was James Wong Howe.

BTW here's a list of 16 pairings of Cagney & O'Brien: http://www.imdb.com/JointVentures

"Parkinson" (1971) {(#10.28)}

Angels with Dirty Faces (1938) 7.9/10 (6207 votes)

...aka Battle of City Hall (1938) (USA: working title)

Boy Meets Girl (1938) 6.1/10 (229 votes)

Breakdowns of 1941 (1941)

Ceiling Zero (1936)

Devil Dogs of the Air (1935) 5.9/10 (120 votes)

Dream Comes True, A (1935)

Fighting 69th, The (1940) 6.5/10 (536 votes)

Here Comes the Navy (1934)

...aka Hey, Sailor! (1934) (USA: working title)

Irish in Us, The (1935) 6.0/10 (156 votes)

James Cagney: That Yankee Doodle Dandy (1981) (TV)

Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts, The (1980) (TV) 4.9/10 (42 votes)

Ragtime (1981)

Anyway, it's your turn...

And I scoured every one of 'em... ;) Thank you, mr6666

Musical comedy ... Who Am I ... and What Film? (is this too much for a clue?)

"I had just swum the rapids. I had my canoe under one arm and a Rocky Mountain goat under the other.

(How could you swim without the use of your arms?)

"Uh, uh... in those days I had, uh, I had very strong legs. Uh, excuse me... very strong limbs.

(You must have been full of fire in your youth.)

"I had to carry fire insurance until I was over forty. As I arrived at the river bank, I was

encountered by the entire tribe of the Shug Indians. The most ferocious... have you ever been to Shug country?"

(No, I haven't.)

"Uh, that's fine. I unsheathed my Bowie knife and cut a path through this wall of human flesh, dragging my canoe behind me."

(Female: [collapsing] Oh, oh, oh... oh.)

"Ah, I'm sorry. Perhaps I've gone too far."

(What, what happened to the goat?)

"He was very good with mustard."

B-) You know it, mr6666... That is *CORRECT* ! I was gonna use:

"Whilst traveling through the Andes Mountains, we lost

our corkscrew. Had to live on food and water for several days!"

... but thought that'd be too easy

next!

Think I got it...

Don Knotts: The Apple Dumpling Gang 1975

Theodore Ogelvie:"You know something, Amos? The Lord poured your brains in with a teaspoon, and somebody joggled His arm. I keep trying to tell you we ain't got no lead to throw, and no powder to throw it with."

This should be not too difficult

What actress is giving this simple description and in which film?

"I want it to be a soft green, not as blue-green as a robin's egg, but not as yellow-green as daffodil buds. Now, the only sample I could get is a little too yellow, but don't let whoever does it go to the other extreme and get it too blue. It should just be a sort of grayish-yellow-green. Now, the dining room. I'd like yellow. Not just yellow; a very gay yellow.Something bright and sunshine-y. I tell

you, Mr. (_______), if you'll send one of your men to the grocer for a pound of their best butter, and match that exactly, you can't go wrong! Now, this is the paper we're going to use in the hall. It's flowered, but I don't want the ceiling to match any of the colors of the flowers. There's some little dots in the background, and it's these dots I want you to match. Not the little greenish dot near the hollyhock leaf, but the little bluish dot between the rosebud and the delphinium blossom. Is that clear? Now the kitchen is to be white. Not a cold, antiseptic hospital white. A little warmer, but still, not to suggest any other color but white. Now for the powder room - in here - I want you

to match this thread, and don't lose it. It's the only spool I have and I had an awful time finding it! As you can see, it's practically an apple red. Somewhere between a healthy winesap and an

unripened Jonathan. Oh, excuse me... "

Mr. (_______): "You got that Charlie?"

Charlie, Painter: "Red, green, blue, yellow, white."

Mr.(________): "Check."

Well, I can't imagine, ma'am - if I may say so - any pleasanter journey, ma'am, than walking through life with you beside me, ma'am.

What actor said this line and to whom? and in what film?

Errol Flynn, to Olivia de Havilland, in "They Died With their Boots On" (1941).

I think.

Cheers,

Dan

No replies yet, so I thought I would bump this one:

"In your country, cows travel faster than kings. You call that justice? That's graft!"

Who said that, and in what film?

As you can tell, the line is supposed to be funny; therefore, the film must be a comedy.

Hint: It's in black & white.

Cheers,

Dan

dan, it's been 5 days since OP...any more clues, or give answer?

Sure, no problem. The person who delivered the quote is a male, and he was one of the most popular character actors in the biz during his tenure. He was never a star.

The quote is repeated here:

*"In your country, cows travel faster than kings. You call that justice? That's graft!"*

Who said that, and in what film?

As you can tell, the line is supposed to be funny; therefore, the film must be a comedy.

Hint: It's in black & white.

Here is another clue: The film is a musical.

So, now you have the quote; you know the film is a black-and-white musical (think hard, how long it's been since there was a black-and-white musical); you know the speaker is male; you know he was not a star, but a very reliable character actor; and that the film is a comedy.

Who said it?

Cheers,

Dan

Okay, let's move on.

That last "famous quote" turned out not to be so famous after all, since no one guessed it in one week's time.

Here is a NEW "famous quote," but this time I'll give you more background:

"Darling, engagements are like vaccinations. Sometimes they take, sometimes they don't."

That line is said by a woman, to a man, and they are not engaged at the time.

More clues:

The speaker of the line is a lady who is VERY WELL KNOWN to U.S. television audiences, since she was a mainstay in not one, but TWO soap operas for several years.

Who said that line, to whom, and in what film?

*"Darling, engagements are like vaccinations. Sometimes they take, sometimes they don't."*

Who said it, to whom, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan