Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

researcher: " I got this great window cleaner. Cleans good and doesn't streak. Smells bad, though. Cleans good, but smells bad."

boss: " As a window cleaner, forget it. Put soybeans in it and market it as a soft drink in the ghetto. We'll put a picture of a rhythm and blues singer on the front and call it Victrola Cola."

?

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> researcher: " I got this great window cleaner. Cleans good and doesn't streak. Smells bad, though. Cleans good, but smells bad."

> boss: " As a window cleaner, forget it. Put soybeans in it and market it as a soft drink in the ghetto. We'll put a picture of a rhythm and blues singer on the front and call it Victrola Cola."

>

> ?

*Drop Squad* ??

Hi cmvgor, sorry no.

last clue: In an interview on the DVD version of the film, the director explains that the male lead had great difficulty memorizing and saying his lines during the film shoot. The director says he didn't worry about it because he had developed a plan to dub in his own voice to replace the actor's line readings.

Edited by: mr6666 on Nov 10, 2009 1:32 AM

Well, I guess these weren't all that 'famous'.

Both quotes were from Arnold Johnson playing the title character in *Putney Swope*, the cult movie directed by Robert Downey, Sr.

The '69 film aired on Underground' on 11-6.

Now who remembers this:

"They all deserve to die. Tell you why, ..... Because in all of the whole human race, ...... there are two kinds of men and only two. There's the one staying put in his proper place and one with his foot in the other one's face. Look at me, ..... Look at you! No, we all deserve to die... "

(2007)

from same movie (& play):

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, / And the vermin of the world inhabit it, / And its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit, / And it goes by the name of London."

> "Do you know a lost cause when you see one?"

The actual meaning of that question is something like: "Are you resigned to the fact that you

are parking your a** right here, and you're not leaving town with carnival roustabout Stuart Whitman?"

> "Do you know a lost cause when you see one?"

This one hasn't got legs, so let's drop it. It was Yul Brynner talking to Joanne Woodward in a poorly scripted adaption of William Faulkner's *The Sound And The Fury*. (1959) Possibly worth your time if like Stuart Whitman as beefcake, or if you want to see Yul Brynner wearing a rug.

ANOTHER:

"My old man says if you meditate you'll go blind."

Film? Speaker? Addressing whom?

The speaker has established a reputation as an actor in both lead and support roles, with a record

of contributing apt ad-libs with his own lines (when working with directors who used that approach).

He is also an accomplished and even iconic songwriter.

The speaker is Kris Kristofferson in the title role of *Cisco Pike*. His Yoga-practicing girlfriend is

Karen Black.

ANOTHER:

"There was a young man from Japan

Who's verses just would not scan.

When he was asked why,

He replied with a sigh,

'I'll be damned if I know, but it may be my habit of trying to put as many words in the last line as I can.'"

Edited by: cmvgor on Nov 20, 2009 4:50 PM

The limerick was used by Somon Oakland as Susan Hayward's attorney in *I Want To Live!*

ANOTHER:

"I spend my life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless, but not men."

Film? Speaker?

> "_This_ is the place the White Eyes call Fort Apache!"

>

> Film? Speaker?

...Said while using a knife to draw a map in the sand, then stabbing the knife into the ground. That was Rock Hudson in the title role of *Taza, Son Of Cochise*.

ANOTHER:

"...I hear the expression 'eat like a bird' is a,a,a falsity. Because birds really eat a tremendous lot."

Film? Speaker?