Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Here?s some clues ? this was on TCM within the last week or so and in 1941, Cary Grant and Myrna Loy starred in a Lux Radio Theatre version of the story, and in 1948, Ann Sothern and William Powell starred in another Lux Radio Theatre version.

Edited by: theladyeve on Feb 5, 2010 9:05 PM

Well I'llbedurned.

Eve, I've never seen it but this setup has tought me something about researching, and about the resources available on the Net. Myrna Loy and William Powell, together again, in 1940s I Love You Again. I will watch for an opportunity to see it now. The detour through radio listings churned up some memories: My family acquired TV when I was 16. I first got acquainted with Edgar & Charlie Jack Benny, George & Gracie, etc, on Sunday Night radio programs. I first got acquainted with Lionel Barrymore as host and storyteller on one of the drama programs. And I now have a collection of tapes, from some favor-swap with a friend, of old Fibber Magee and Molly shows, mixed with a few Burns And Allen . About time to take them out and listen to them again.

It is *I Love You Again* which I recorded when it aired on TCM recently and have watched a couple of times since. I hadn?t seen it before. You can?t beat Myrna Loy and William Powell and in this one the great Frank McHugh is his sidekick. C, I?m not sure if you saw Mr.6?s post before you posted or not?but it?s Mr.6?s turn?

yeah, I got a kick out of learning some interesting history too.

so who remembers:

"- Was it ticking?

"-Actually throwers don't worry about ticking cuz modern bombs don't tick.

"-Sorry, throwers?

"-Baggage handlers."

Thanks, Sixes.

Dabbling into that subject again, I was reminded of a little factoid I picked up at some point in the last midcentury: An early 1960s mag story about the WWII personnel who dealt with unexploded

bombs during the London Blitz. The recruiting literature asking people to volunteer for this job mentioned that the ideal Bomb Disposal Officer should be "strong, unmarried and a fast runner."

Anyway, new quote:

"Sarah just didn't seem to have a generous spirit. Maybe because she'd never had anything to be generous with."

Who? Film? (It is narration, not conversation.)

> Anyway, new quote:

>

> "Sarah just didn't seem to have a generous spirit. Maybe because she'd never had anything to be generous with."

>

> Who? Film? (It is narration, not conversation.)

I've used this source before, so I'll let this one go.

The speaker/narrater is "Gid" (Tony Perkins) in his musings over the woman he married (Susan Sarandon as "Sarah") instead of the title character *Lovin Molly*.

Thread's open

I can?t believe this wasn?t gotten right away. These lines are from a comedy with a lot of well-known stars and won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay by a writer who would go on to create a very popular tv show.

More of the quote:

?The man with the power.?

?What power??

(sorry for delay, cmvgor)

if you've seen it, you'll probably remember---

" Gin!... I knew there was something wrong with that guy. I never met a gin drinker yet that you could trust "

film, speaker?

Thanks, Sixes.

Trial in progress; Court has been adjourned. All, including the Judge, have gone to the scene of a discovery that impacts the case.

Judge: "As a Judge, I am always interested in the exact moment when someone's argument falls apart."

Context?

> Judge: "As a Judge, I am always interested in the exact moment when someone's argument falls apart."

The origional source of this story is a Victorian novel that, for my generation at least, was assigned reading in almost all high schools. Filmed several times. This version is an updated setting. (This version is to the source as *Clueless* is to *Emma*.) Physical setting for the quote: The draining of a lake has solved the questions of an old crime and a heretofore unsolved disappearance.

Edited by: cmvgor on Feb 18, 2010 4:15 AM