Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

---------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scsu1975, It's been 3 days with no quesses, want to submit another quote? Or someone else can have a go--MR

I'll give someone else a shot. The quote was spoken by Chico Marx in A DAY AT THE RACES.

---taking up scsu1975's offer:

"I've seen more of this state's poor cowboys, miners, railroaders and Indians go broke buying pickup trucks. The poor people of this state are dope fiends for pickup trucks. As soon as they

get ten cents ahead they trade in on a new pickup truck. The families, homesteads, schools, hospitals and happiness of Montana have been sold down the river to buy pickup trucks! And there's a sickness here worse than alchol and dope. It is the pickup truck debt! And there's no

cure in sight.

(okay, it's been 3 days) Try this one: "Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately, in England at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever"

(okay, it's been 3 days) Try this one: "Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately, in England at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever"

Ooh, I remembered this one as soon as I saw your posting.

This is from "The Importance of Being Earnest."

Cheers,

Dan

Okay, assuming my answer of "The Importance of Being Earnest" is correct, here's a new quote to ponder:

What very famous movie contains this quote:

"That's what makes you that guy."

Hint: This line appears in the dialogue TWICE, each time spoken by a different person.

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

What very famous movie contains this quote:

Hint: This line appears in the dialogue TWICE, each time spoken by a different person.

No replies yet? Okay, here's another clue:

The line, "That's what makes you that guy," first appears in the dialogue about halfway through the film. It is spoken by a supporting character to the leading man.

At the end of the movie, the leading man gets to echo the same words to the supporting character who first said the line.

It's a very poignant phrase, considering the plot. Who said it, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com