Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Enough.

Character actor Ed Grady had that speech as "Judge Marcus" in 1994's *A Simple Twist Of Fate*. The story was filmed some six times with the title of the origional novel, *Silas Marner*, starting in the Silents era. This version brings the story into the 20th Century, and re-locates it to an American community. It does not use the origional character names. For this outing, a stolen horse becomes a stolen sports car, but the changing water level still reveals a corpse, stolen savings, and the remains of the car. The lonely recluse whose life was turned around after he reared a foundling orphan gets to keep the child. The wealthy man who spent years concealing paternity loses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW QUOTE: Went by on TCM just this morning:

"I won't work for _any_ man after he fires me!"

Who? Film?

> {quote:title=cmvgor wrote:}{quote}

> Enough.

>

> NEW QUOTE: Went by on TCM just this morning:

>

> "I won't work for _any_ man after he fires me!"

>

> Who? Film?

Early 60s comedy. The speaker is an actress who did her best work in melodrama, but in this script she's paired off with a star who is at home with zippy one-liners. It's his type of script.

Chief Dan George in LITTLE BIG MAN. He has just performed his "It's a good day to die" ceremony for Jack Crabb (Dustin Hoffman). After the ceremony, Jack informs him that he has not died. Dan George makes a comically frustrated face, and says "I was afraid of that. Sometimes the magic works . . ." Great scene.

Next line:

"People scare better when they're dyin'."

Actor? Film?

Two very good guesses, and one of them is correct: Henry Fonda in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST is the winning answer. Oddly, for a movie with so little dialogue, much of it is highly quotable.

Nicely done, 6's. Your thread. . .

>

> "Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of Mankind!"

>

> Film? Speaker?

Same film, same speaker:

"They'll lose their fear of the Germans. I only hope to God they never lose their fear of me."

Aw, come on!