Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Thanks, Eve... Here's a quote some of you will remember:

"Don't bother me! I'm giving birth!"

Wait, wait... That line is interesting, because it is spoken by a man. Who said it, and in what film?

Hint: The film was made in the 1930s.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi, fi...

Sorry, no. Cary Grant is not our man.

Here's another hint:

The film in question is a musical, highlighting its female star. It was released in the 1930s.

Name the film, and the actor -- a MALE -- who said:

"Don't bother me, I'm giving birth!"

Cheers,

Dan

Hi... I just watched my video copy of the movie in question, and I have to change the wording of the quote I've given you.

I can't imagine that it would make much difference, but anyway, instead of "don't bother me..." the actual words are:

"Don't talk to me. I'm giving birth!"

Remember, that quote was uttered by a MAN. Never thought a man could "give birth," but if you think carefully, you may realize that he was talking about something other than having a baby.

Who said that quote, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan

mudskipper wrote:

Clark Gable in Dancing Lady ?

No, mudskip, not Clark Gable. But I admire the fact that you are working the clues I've given. I did say that the film in question is a 1930s' musical that highlighted its leading lady.

"Dancing Lady" IS a '30s musical, and it starred Joan Crawford in dancing mode. But Clark Gable, who was her leading man, did not say the quote in question.

Here is the quote, once again:

"Don't talk to me. I'm giving birth!" (Spoken by a MALE.)

Another clue: One of the characters in this film is a woman who was impersonating her own mother.

Who spoke the line, and in what film?

Cheers,

Dan

Just going by your info, was thinking either "Roberta" or "Evergreen", but, of course the last clue decided that. However having never seen it, that I remember, I'll just guess it may have been either the publicity man, 'Tommy Thompson' (Barry MacKay) OR the theater producer 'Leslie Benn' (Sonnie Hale) ?

Yes, it was Barry MacKay as publicity man Tommy Thompson. In the scene, he has just hit upon a stupendous new "stunt" for a stage production. He is thinking hard about it, and that is why he says "I'm giving birth!"

Cheers,

Dan

Assuming I'm up...glad that's over, that quote's been haunting me since dan first posed it last summer and left it unresolved.

here's one from a popular noir:

"responsibility...I'll spell it for you, t-r-a-p."

--film, speaker?