Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Thanks, Sixes. Got one from the 1960s here.

"Six months ago, a perfectly adult bartender asked me if I wanted an onion in my martini, and I said, 'Gosh'n' gollies, you betcha!' I knew then it was time to quit."

The speaker is a multiple Oscar winner. Oscar-nominated for this role, but that was not a win. Another line in this script: "...you're about to see a terrible thing...People going to work."

*The Dirty Dozen* , Lee Marvin giving orders to a couple of the title characters. (I'll trust you about the wording of the quote, but I always thought it was "_free_" the French and let them get the hell out of the building they were about to blow up.)

THE DIRTY DOZEN is correct, and you're probably right about the wording too. I always thought it was "feed" because the disparity between feeding one group of people and killing another group has a nice absurdist ring to it. (Not unlike "Leave the gun, and take the cannoli" in THE GODFATHER.)

Nice work either way, cmvgor. The thread is yours. . .

Thanks, phroso. I rather like this area -- 60s films with WWII settings. Let's try this:

"Ow! Who the hell's kickin' me in the butt??!!

"What were you doing down there, soldier?"

"Sir, I was just tryin' to get some sleep."

"Well, get back down there, son. You're the only sombitch around here knows what he's trying to do."

???

PATTON (not waiting for confirmation this time; I could practically hear George C Scott's voice as I was reading the dialogue.)

This one should be nearly as easy.

"Shoot! With the gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!"

Close enough. It was Peter Sellers, urging Keenan Wynn to shoot the lock off the Coke machine so that they can get change to make a phone call to the President. (Wynn's character, Col. Bat Guano, has reservations about destroying private property.) Nice work, finance. The thread is yours. . .

Paraphrase

Character A-"I have the license number. I've always had a good head for figures".

Character B- "My only interest in your head is how easily it can be cracked open".

Edited by: finance on Jul 9, 2010 10:46 AM

Edited by: finance on Jul 9, 2010 3:13 PM

?Way back there was a whole army tryin' to knock over a place called Troy and gettin' nowhere fast. Couldn't even put a dent in the walls. And one mornin' the people of Troy wake up, look over the walls and the attackin' army's disappeared. Men, boats, the works. Taken the powder. But they left one thing after them: a great big wooden horse??