Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

Hi again... Here's another clue. When our guy speaks those words (all titles from the Old Testament), he is -- are you ready for this? -- SWEARING.

Now, if that doesn't tell you the answer, then you either haven't seen this picture or you don't remember seeing it.

He says: "Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy...."

Who said it, and in what film?

Remember also: The actor is an Oscar winner, and he was born in the UK.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan, again it's been 2 days, want to try another quote (maybe a whole sentence) from the same movie? Remember the answer's always seem easy to the one asking the questions--mr

It's been 3 days w/no response, so here's an easy one to get started again: " The war started when people accepted the idiotic principle that peace could be maintained by arranging to defend themselves with weapons they couldn't possibly use without committing suicide."

It was from ON THE BEACH, but not spoken by Peck. (It's being shown Wed. 2-27 at 8 pm. FYI)

Correct w/Astaire. Well, 'k puckett24' got the movie, scsu got the speaker.... so maybe either can ask a new quote, whoever posts first? OK?

He says: "Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy...."

Who said it, and in what film?

Remember also: The actor is an Oscar winner, and he was born in the UK.

The correct answer is: Edmund Gwenn.

The movie is titled: "Apartment for Peggy" (1948).

Gwenn had won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for the previous year's "Miracle on 34th Street." The London-born Gwenn was very much in demand in the films of the 1940s (he made 29 films in that decade), though he was already in his 70s. He went on to make another 26 movies in the 1950s.

In "Apartment for Peggy," Gwenn's character is a lovable but grumpy old philosophy professor who is forced to put up a young couple (William Holden and Jeanne Crain) in his attic.

He is so well-educated and so refined, he does not use "normal" swear words. When he wishes to vent, he grumbles:

"Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy...."

Says it in the movie, several times.

Cheers,

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

Thank you very much. I'm honored. Okay how about this quote.

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed, but I do say no more then ten to twenty million killed, tops. Depending on the breaks.

What movie? and Who said it?

Katie

George C. Scott in "Dr. Strangelove: or "How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love

the Bomb" - Quite a daring and funny satire.

Magnificent job Bargar. I love that movie so much. George C. Scott is my hero. I believe that means it is your turn to pick a quote Sir.

Thanks, Katie! I'm not a "sir", but that's ok. You never know on a forum :) !!

OK. Quote coming up: "I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!

scsu.... BINGO!! I thought John Hurt was so wonderful. And Anthony Hopkins, OMG!!

When he saw Joseph Merrick for the first time, his expression didn't change, but tears

came rolling down his face. I lost it as well.

"Fredo, you?re my older brother, and I love you. But don?t ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever?

Michael ?Godfather? Corleone. "

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good." Wall Street.

"Shane. Shane. Come back!" Shane

scsu1975---your turn to ask a new quote...

(JakeHolman---please see "orig. post")

"First there's a captain. Then there's a lieutenant. Then there's a corpuscle."

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? "

Jake, the object is to identify the movie and person giving the quote, and the correct guesser gets to post the next quote. ;)

Gotcha....my mistake...interesting quotes non the less....