Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

One of the characters runs a movie theater which specializes in revivals. He claims not to speak the local language -- as a means of avoiding conversations with those around him. The business is doing badly, and he is forced to take in a roommate to help with the rent. He admits to the new roommate about the language situation, and he makes a reference to a classic film, *Hangmen Also Die*, in which a man in hiding exposes himself when he laughs at a joke that he supposedly shouldn't have understood.

Scene: Several tenants of an apartment building are going about their usual business while listening to the same TV newscast about the serial killer loose in their city. A generalized profile of the killer is given. The narrative ends with a comment that the killer could be anyone, even a neighbor, and still be well hidden. At this part all the listening tenants all look up. They are all thinking about their neighbor on the top floor.

Bingo! Correct, Lavender. Incidentally, On the IMDb site of *Apartment Zero*, a fan started a message board about the game of 'name 3 actors -- name the movie', and others joined in and they have gone for three pages so far.

lavenderblue's thread.

> {quote:title= lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}Do you think they got the idea from our trivia threads?

>

>

>

> Definately not. Two characters in this 1988 movie played that game. A fan on the site started a post on July 20, 2008 called "the thing I rememer about this movie is..." and as mentioned, has gotten three pages of responses.

>

>

>

>

> The TCM thread called "Know the cast, know the movie" was started on July 22, 2009.

>

>

>

> Open thread.

"Two heads are better than one. You didn't know I had two heads, did you?"

Who said that, to whom, and in what 1960s' film?

Cheers,

Dan

Bumping this, 'cause it's too good a quote to let it die.

Cheers,

Dan

flashback wrote:

WAG here. The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant ??

Sorry, no. The movie you named came out in 1971. Also, "The Thing With Two Heads" came out in 1972. In my question, I said the movie in question is from the 1960s.

New clue: Although the film was produced in the 1960s, both actors are still "with us." The female is an Oscar winner. The male has recently won some minor acting awards, though not the Oscar.

Again:

Cheers,

Dan

No responses yet? Man, you guys are tough.

Okay, here are more clues. The woman got her first Oscar in the 1970s. The man was honored with different acting awards in the current century.

Now then. Here is the question again, and remember we are talking about a conversation between one man and one woman:

Who said that, and to whom, in what 1960s film?

As I've already told you, it's a man speaking to a woman. The woman is an Oscar winner. The man has some different acting awards, but anyway both are still alive and (occasionally) working.

Cheers,

Dan

Bump.

Sorry, but these days you have to keep "bumping" your questions to keep them on the first page. The number of topics are multiplying like rabbits, as more and more folks try to get into the game.

No responses yet? Man, you guys are tough.

Okay, here are more clues. The woman got her first Oscar in the 1970s. The man was honored with different acting awards in the current century.

Here is the question again, and remember we are talking about a conversation between one man and one woman:

Who said that, to whom, in what 1960s film?

As I've already told you, it's a man speaking to a woman. The woman is an Oscar winner. The man has some different acting awards, but anyway both are still alive and (occasionally) working.

Cheers,

Dan

Bump.

Sorry, but these days you have to keep "bumping" your questions to keep them on the first page. The number of topics are multiplying like rabbits, as more and more folks try to get into the game.

Okay, here are more clues. The woman got her first Oscar in the 1970s. The man was honored with other acting awards in the current century.

Here is the question again, and remember we are talking about a conversation between one man and one woman:

Who said that, to whom, and in what 1960s' movie?

As I've said, it's a scene with a man talking to a woman. The woman is an Oscar winner. The man has some other acting awards, given to him in this century. Both of them are still alive and (occasionally) working.

Cheers,

Dan

so just what were the new clues??

To keep bumping a thread, without waiting for a response or posting additional info (clues), seems a little rude.

As you've noticed, there are numerous threads now, and bumping just for the sake of keeping your thread on the first page is like pushing to the head of a line without waiting your turn.

Not usually a good idea if you want to keep the peace. ;)

No, sixes, I am not being rude. Additional clues are expected and proper when someone actually posts a REPLY to the question. I am "bumping" my question to keep it on or near the first page, although no one has posted a reply. You do understand the difference, don't you?

Who said that, to whom, and in what 1960s' movie?

As I've said, it's a scene with a man talking to a woman. The woman is an Oscar winner. The man has some other acting awards, given to him in this century. Both of them are still alive and (occasionally) working.

Cheers,

Dan

mudski wrote:

Ok, I'll guess:... Warren Beatty to Faye Dunaway in "Bonnie And Clyde" ?

No, not those two. The man in this question spends half the movie impersonating a character played by another actor, who is incidentally also an Oscar winner.

The question, again:

Who said that, to whom, in what 1960s' film?

It's a man speaking to a woman. The actress who plays the woman is an Oscar winner. The man has no Oscar, but he does own some acting awards given to him in the present century. Both actors are still alive, and occasionally still acting.

And now you know that the male actor spends about half the movie impersonating another character, played by an Oscar-winning male actor.

Who? What movie?

Cheers,

Dan

mudski wrote:

Another guess:... Lee Marvin to Jane Fonda in "Cat Ballou" ??

Sorry, but that's not the correct answer. Mudski, remember the details set out in the question. I've said that the male actor has won some acting awards in THIS century. The 21st century.

So, since Lee Marvin died in 1987, he could not have won awards in this century. I've also said that both actors in the question -- the man and the woman -- are still alive.

But I thank you for submitting a reply. Now, for those who have lost track, here is the question again, plus a new clue:

Who said that, to whom, in what 1960s' film?

It's a man speaking to a woman. The actress who plays the woman is an Oscar winner. The man has no Oscar, but he does own some acting awards given to him in the present century. Both actors are still alive, and occasionally still acting.

The male actor spends about half the movie impersonating another character, played by an Oscar-winning male actor.

Now, a new clue:

The film in question is based on a stage play, and the screenplay was written by the original playwright.

So, who said that line? In what 1960s' movie?

Cheers,

Dan

Showing that dogged persistence will always win the day, mudski wrote:

Rod Taylor to Jane Fonda in "Sunday In New York" ?

And he's RIGHT! Yes, I thought the clues given, when considered together, would reveal the truth; and so it has.

Your thread, mud....

Cheers,

Dan