Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES

From a Howard Hawks western:

Mountain Man:.... ."I remember once here being a trapper named Parker. He run smack into a big grizzly bear. The bear sure made a mess out of Parker before we killed it. Ripped one of his ears clear off. But this child just happened to have a needle and some of this here deer sinew, just like we got here. Yeah, while his ear was still hot, I picked it up and sewed it back on his head. And it growed most as good as ever....

(later)...I said growed as good as ever. Not hardly. It seems I sewed Parker's ear on backwards. Yeah, he hated me until the day he died. On accunt of every time he'd hear a rattlesnake, he'd turn the wrong direction and step smack into it !..."

Yep. That was the veteran character actor Arthur Hunnicutt, as Zeb Calloway, the narrator, in A.B. Guthrie Jr's western, "The Big Sky"...He played Bull in the John Wayne movie, "El Dorado"....Your thread, Edythe...

• 2 months later...

Here's one: "I must quit marrying men who feel inferior to me. Somewhere there must be a man who could be my husband and not feel inferior. I need a superior inferior man." (But this was said by an actress about herself, and not from a film.)

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jul 25, 2012 1:15 PM

Thanks, lana. Had to track this one down. Movie dialogue.

"Well, ______, from this day henceforth, it seems you must be a stranger to one of your parents....Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. _______, and I will never see you again if you do."

"Thanks, Papa."

Next:

Diana: Chris, when I look into your eyes, I don't see myself there.

Chris: Oh, you must be a little blind.

Diana: I see horizons, ranges of uncrossed mountains, the unknown. You belong to that, Chris, the way an eagle belongs to the sky.

Movie ?

• 3 months later...

(Same speaker as in the original quote, to his woman companion.)

"You're beautiful, and I love you. I sleep with a lot of women; I make love to you. The single most important person in my life... (Smashes a Coke bottle on her face, then turns and faces his flunkey.) "Get her out of here!" (Turns to the P.I.) "Now that's someone I love! And you I don't even like! You have an assignment, cheapie. Find my money!"