Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Should Be Considered a Movie Icon and Not A One Hit Wonder?

msladysoul

I think this is a topic everyone would like to express their complaint about their favorites who should be considered a Movie Icon because they did shape and change movies in some way or who made one great movie and never given another chance. I have to say Joan Blondell, Glenda Farrell, Myrna Loy, Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino, Susan Hayward gets no credit. More then once they left us with our mouths-hanging with their talent of acting, singing, or sex appeal. These were extremely talented women. Who changed the silver screen.

Well, what I trying to say is Joan Blondell, Glenda Farrell, Myrna Loy, Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino, Susan Hayward aren't talked about as much as Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Marilyn Monroe. These women are still Household names, even people know them who aren't haven't even seen their work. I guess because Loy, Blondell, Sheridan didn't live tragic lives people don't want to read or write about them. I think Marsha Hunt is another woman who was a good actress, very watchable. She's not known today. She's one of the last living actresses of that time era.

Gotcha, Thanks.

I guess you can say they are second tier in the respect/

recognition of work area. To me I've known there worth (most of them)from early exposure as a kid. Hayward from weekend afternoon movies (I had a crush on her as far back as 5 years old - lol). Blondell from here comes the bride, after seeing her in that I would take note of her in the "olden movies" (as I called them in my youth). Lupino was brought to my attention as Duffs wife when he was in some series in the 60's. After that I learned more about her that it became Duff was her husband. Loy, what can i say she has always been one of my favorites as long as i remember. The other two have not created much interest for me but I am very aware of their work.

Myrna Loy should be considered a movie icon...for sure!!... She's one of my favorites...besides I was born on the same day than hers (August 2nd)....Glenda Farrell, is a hell of an actress...a fast-talking lady...I just was watching last nite "The Mystery of the Wax Museum"...I liked "her punch" over there... she sort of "outdoes" Fay Wray...in some aspects...

Susan Hayward is a great actress, just as Lupino...and Sheridan is for sure underrated....I'm lucky enough to have Lupino & Sheridan stills from the 1940s, autographed by them...