Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jane1752

The Thin Man series on DVD?

Does anyone know when the rest of the Thin Man series (Wm Powell & Myrna Loy) will be released on DVD? I just saw the first one on DVD and it is absolutely enchanting. (Dig Myrna's gowns, if you can take your eyes off Powell!)

Thanks...

I think that the second one "After the Thin Man" is going to be released at the beginning of next year. I like this one even better then the first, mostly because Jimmy Stewart's in it, and he's the villian in the story, so its cool to see him in that kind of role - so different from his others.

I'm glad that you liked the movie, I did too.But was it necessary to give away the ending for the people who haven't seen it? The great thing about that movie was the shock of finding out who the villain was.

Hey ginger I'm not sure where the "chill out" was coming from. You seem to have some great points of view.

Ginger was saying that I gave away the ending of "After the Thin Man," and I was simply discussing the movie. I didn't need to be reprimanded for that.

Yeah, I never was big on the *spoiler* warning here either. Like mj says, most people have seen the movie. I'ts not like alerting people to the endings of new releases.

Even if I haven't yet seen a particular movie, it doesn't bother me to have its ending divulged.

Thank you, Stigal...for explaining what 'spoiler' means! I've been seeing it here and there and didn't have a clue. Gosh, that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

As for giving the ending away, I have to agree with others that it's no big deal at this site where most people have seen the classics that we discuss, and we discuss them all the time here. Ginger...stick around, there are wonderful discussions you will want to contribute to, sans being too picky.

O.K. here is my position: I think it's a little unfair to assume that everyone has seen a movie just because it's a classic. There are a few that I haven't seen myself and maybe it isn't that big a deal with something like Casablanca, but when it comes to mysteries, tell me nothing.

I saw The Thin Man a while back and it took forever to see all of the sequels. Not to mention that TCM doesn't show them in order. I saw the last two sequels before I saw the first two. My lame local video store had none of the sequels so I couldn't rent them. If I hadn't and came across this message board, I'd have been a bit upset. I don't care if it's the Thin Man, Nancy Drew or Scooby Doo, I really hate to know the ending of a mystery. True, I may be **** and uptight but that's me and I'm not changing. Feel free to toss stones.

Ginger - Nobody is trying to toss stones. I just felt that you were getting a little in my face over what I wrote about "After the Thin Man." I certainly wasn't trying to give out essential plot information, and I apologize if I offended you. I don't want to make enemies on these boards which I love.