Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Hard Day's Night / Help!

Film_Fatale

They are really two different films. I like "A Hard Day's Night" more as it seems more like them. Granted there are surreal things about it but it's their "day in the life." "Help" on the other hand is pure fantasy. Great fun, in a similar style but more more "out there" as far as plot and situational story points.

I do like the music in "Help" more. Of course they matured more as songwriters. I think Leo McKern is fun.

The bonus disc is fine, although I didn't see anything that was earth-shattering. I mean, personally I'm just satisfied the movie itself is no longer OOP and that furthermore, it has been restored. It really does look very good, for a movie from the mid-60's.

I also would like to see the other Beatles movies on TCM if they can get the rights to show them. And while we're at it, I'd also like to see the Dave Clark 5's HAVING A WILD WEEKEND and Gerry and the Pacemakers' FERRY CROSS THE MERSEY. I already suggested these last 2 films for TCM.

William

Archived