Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Michael Shayne Mysteries

The radio series was decent enough, although I don't recall any specific episodes. I haven't seen the DVDs as they're on order. Lloyd Nolan could be amazingly good at times (like in SOMEWHERE IN THE NIGHT, where he plays a way-smarter cop than he lets on, and quite enjoyably, too).

I often confuse he and Hume Cronyn, not only because of looks, stature and their frequently similar characters, but also because their performances usually transcend my expectations of them.

I'd love to read your comments about the DVDs, and if you're familiar with the radio series (which like just about every American radio series, is true public-domain material), how the films measure up to the radio episodes.

• 1 year later...

The box set includes MICHAEL SHAYNE, PRIVATE DETECTIVE, SLEEPERS WEST, THE MAN WHO WOULDN'T DIE and BLUE, WHITE AND PERFECT. DRESSED TO KILL is also available individually. Unfortunately TIME TO KILL and JUST OFF BROADWAY are not available commercially, although there are good copies out there.