Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Montgomery

Brando4ever

Ooh, that ne sounds so good.... I would love to see it. Have to check out netflix...

Great idea for a theme... you should make up a list for TCM....

hatbox....ughhh......another great theme... props that make you nervous.... cause you know there is something wrong with them....

hatbox....ughhh......another great theme... props that make you nervous.... cause you know there is something wrong with them....

Like Raymond Burr's suitcase in Rear Window. Oh! And wasn't a hatbox mentioned at the end of that one, too? :0

Yes, I think you're right! And in Barton Fink there is a creepy box as well...

Of course there are also lots of Hitchcock props that make you squirm- the chest in "Rope" is one example. I remember turning on the tv one day and watching a movie with a boy getting on a crowded bus with a film canister. I had no idea what the movie was, but I knew it was Hitch, from the way it was shot. The camera kept going back to the canister, and you knew that it was only a matter of time before it blew up.... brilliant. Later I looked it up and it was "Sabotage".

I have it but not that large, I think---it's one of my favorites. I've never seen this last one, though,

with--I believe---Marion Davies isn't it? They did a cute comedy in which she pretends to be

dowdy and frumpy to get a job working for him, since all her previous employers always came on

to her.

That soldier boy looks remarkably like Bobby! I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a relation.

Excellent pictures, thank you so much for posting them---I really don't have nearly enough of them.

I have watched *Inspiration* a couple of times, it's not as bad as some critics make out but definitely Garbo and Bobby had little chemistry in my opinion. It may be just the material was wrong, and in another movie they would have been fine, I don't know. Or maybe he's better with American leading ladies.

Robt Montgomery is another new favorite of mine, discovered this past year or so, along with William Powell and Myrna Loy. My favorite movies of his are probably Private Lives, June Bride, Mr and Mrs Smith and The Last of Mrs Cheney (both Montgomery and Powell in that one!) Thanks for all the pics!

Tracey, great choices for your new faves! You can't go wrong with Powell, Montgomery, or Loy. I don't think any of them made a really bad picture.

Just saw Forsaking All Others and it was another great performance by Montgomery as the goofy hypochondriac ladies man, Dil.

Don't you just love menage a trois movies? I was thinking of The Last of Mrs. Cheney and FAO, mentioned above. I love a movie where the heroine has two boyfriends. There are others, but I can only think of one, off the top of my head- The Talk of the Town. I always wish that the heroine could keep seeing both men forever....

Another classic menage would be Manhattan Melodrama, in which Myrna Loy is between

Gable and William Powell. Talk about another tough call.

In both Red Dust and Mogambo, the wife has to choose between Gable and

whoever plays her husband. In both cases, what she's married to can't begin to compare! :P

In *Sabrina* Audrey Hepburn has to choose between Bill Holden and Bogie.

Great choices, Miss G! I love Red Dust, but really who would pick Gen Raymond? You'd have to be out of your mind with heat...

Design for Living is another, but I haven't seen it yet. Jules et Jim, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Casablanca also fit the bill. I am a huge Paul Henreid fan, but even I would have a tough time walking to that plane.....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope Robert Montgomery fans enjoyed Blondie of the Follies earlier today. The day's schedule, in tribute to Marion Davis, features yet another movie in which she co-starred with Robert Montgomery:

*Ever Since Eve* (1937) 3:30am ET

A plain-jane secretary masquerades as a beauty to win her boss's heart.

Cast: Marion Davies, Robert Montgomery, Frank McHugh, Patsy Kelly Dir: Lloyd Bacon BW-80 mins, TV-G