Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KTJ

What Xmas Film shows brief clip of Angels Flying?

I'm intrigued by a clip I have seen in several TCM promos. It was in the 2006 "I'd Like You For Christmas" video, which is on this website, so you can go take a look and see what I'm talking about.

It is a very brief fuzzy shot of what looks like two angels or spirits flying in a snowstorm. The one on the right looks a bit like Marian Marsh, but I'm not sure. In the Xmas 2006 video, the clip is shown immediately following a shot of Cary Grant doing some 'miraculous' instant tree decorating from "The Bishop's Wife". If someone could tell me what film this is from, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: I managed to get a screen shot:

fuzzyangels_sm.jpg

Edited by: KTJ

Hi KTJ,

I believe that's Reginald Owen (as Scrooge) and Ann Rutherford (as the Spirit of Christmas Past), in the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol.

Oh, thanks! I should watch the Reginald Owen version. I've actually never seen it, having been spoiled by repeated viewings of the Aleister Sim version on Christmas Eve for nearly twenty years, thanks to the programming director of the TV station in my hometown, who seems to have had extraordinarily good taste. I'm still looking for the instrumental, somewhat chamber-music rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" they used to play for their Christmas Eve station IDs. Then on New Year's Eve they would run "O. Henry's Full House", which I could stand to see more often on TCM.