Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help with movie title...

ehs6566

Earlier this year, a Joan Crawford movie was playing during her "month" on TCM, and I cannot remember the title. It is a black and white, before her eyebrows got super wild, not a western. The part I remember is she is chewing out this guy saying that she will pretty much do what she wants, where she wants, how she wants or even "slidin' down a pole." The clip is played a lot on TCM advertisements. I love that show. Please help with info!

Well, if she's "chewing out this guy" it can't be The Women (1939), though it does sound like something Crystal Allen would say;-)

Could it have been John Garfield she was talking to in Humoresque? The problem with Crawford is she played "that kind" of woman a lot;-)

I believe the movie was from the 1920s or 1930s. She looked so young. She wasn't crazy or married or a spy or in a war or on a ship/island or a gypsy or an heiress nor anything religious. She wasn't trying to steal anybody's husband. If I remember correctly, the guy she was chewing out was a suitor.