Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alfred Hitchcock "Boy Detective" Books

This may be an interesting addition to the list of other appearances of "Alfred Hitchcock" in various media...

Has anyone else ever seen a series of books (I think they were out of the UK, but I may be wrong) that feature a pudgy, freckled, bespectacled boy detective named Alfred Hitchcock?

If I remember rightly, they had similar titles to the later Harry Potter books, i.e., "Alfred Hitchcock and the _______," or, "Alfred Hitchcock and the Case of the ______." But again, I could be wrong.

I remember my younger brother having at least one of these, but many years ago (so, long since lost), and wondered if someone on this board may have heard of them as well.

This may be an interesting addition to the list of other appearances of "Alfred Hitchcock" in various media...

Has anyone else ever seen a series of books (I think they were out of the UK, but I may be wrong) that feature a pudgy, freckled, bespectacled boy detective named Alfred Hitchcock?

If I remember rightly, they had similar titles to the later Harry Potter books, i.e., "Alfred Hitchcock and the _______," or, "Alfred Hitchcock and the Case of the ______." But again, I could be wrong.

I remember my younger brother having at least one of these, but many years ago (so, long since lost), and wondered if someone on this board may have heard of them as well.

I think you're referring to the Three Investigators series. Hitchcock was portrayed as the adult mentor to the three teenage sleuths until the real Hitchcock died. During his lifetime, the series was billed as Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, but his name never appeared in the book titles, only the series title. Originally an American series, it was reprinted all over the world. I think they're still cranking out brand new books in Germany.

• Like 1

I think you're referring to the Three Investigators series. Hitchcock was portrayed as the adult mentor to the three teenage sleuths until the real Hitchcock died. During his lifetime, the series was billed as Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators, but his name never appeared in the book titles, only the series title. Originally an American series, it was reprinted all over the world. I think they're still cranking out brand new books in Germany.

I was about to mention those books. I read a lot of those when I was in junior high. Pretty solid, if I remember correctly.

And BTW, I think those books are yet another example of Hitchcock's genius marketing strategy. Even though I, as a kid, had never seen a Hitchcock film, I knew who he was because of the TV show and this books.

• Like 1

I was about to mention those books. I read a lot of those when I was in junior high. Pretty solid, if I remember correctly.

And BTW, I think those books are yet another example of Hitchcock's genius marketing strategy. Even though I, as a kid, had never seen a Hitchcock film, I knew who he was because of the TV show and this books.

Oh yes. I think he is the first director I knew by name thanks to these books. I probably knew the name Disney before, but I don't think I knew "Walt" and I probably didn't know he had been a director.