Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you know the name of this Western spoof?

kittyrat234

I saw this movie years ago, and no one has been able to tell me the name of it. I don't have too much information, but let's see how good the TCM fans are. :)

Based on the costumes, I would guess that the movie was made in the 1960's, but that's could be way off. It was B&W. There was the "good guy" dressed all in white with a white hat and the "bad guy" dressed in black with a black hat. The lady love wore a calico dress and was in love with the good guy. The plot basically was a normal western including a train chase scene along the tops of the cars, a saloon scene, and I think a shoot-out in the streets at the end.

The very last scene is that good guy winning the lady love. She is either in the wagon with him or about to climb into it when she bids the good guy good-bye and rans off with the bad guy, telling the good guy in essence that he is way too boring.

The bad guy and the lady love ride off into the sunset.

Some of what you describe sounds like Rustler's Rhapsody with Tom Berenger, Patrick Wayne, (Duke's son) Marilu Henner and Andy Griffith made in 1985.

A send-up of '40s B westerns and pretty funny if you're familiar with the '40s B westerns.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings