Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Farwell Message

hawkraven

I am leaving the forums for a while because most of the people on these forums are mean, selfish, poopy, and conservative (Not Politically). I am sure there are very nice people on these forums who are open to new ideas and like to nicely discuss movies, but none of them have replied to my forums. So I and the rest of the users of the hawkraven account are fed up by the way we've have been treated on these forums. It's not really a wonder why every forum turns into a fighting forum on this site. Here are the users on this account: Seymour Lippman- Seymour was the janitor for RKO pictures for a long time. He has seen the making of Top Hat, King Kong, and Citizen Kane. Anette Lippman- Anette used to go to RKO finale parties with Seymour and was friends with Fred Astaire and Orson Welles.

William Bennet (The Person who is writing the message) - I am a script writer and I am a film composer. I write music for my own films. So yeah, we're all fed up. To end on a high note, I would like to say that films are my life and my passion and I hope that people will be less selfish and fun sucking when we come back to these forums.

Wow sorry you feel this way.

I actually find these forums some of the safest forums on the internet.

Everyone is really cool here and while I have had problems on almost every message board I have posted on, this one has remained a safe place to post without being made fun of for the way you look or for what you believe or for what band you like.

I hope you find another classic film forum as good as this one.

Good luck in your virtual travels.

First, it surprises me that more than one person is sharing the account. Second, after trying to hijack The TCM Programming Challenge, a very special thread here, yesterday like you tried to do is not the sign of a person who is trying to make nice.

I, for one, will not mourn your leaving...though I suspect you will only be gone for a few hours.

Poopy? Fun Sucking? I've been included in groups of various names before but that is a new one. Since you (all) have been here since March I would have hoped you have formed a different opinion by now. People are not generally any of the names you used except when responding in kind.

It is unfortunate that you did not have a better experience here. With such a history in the movies all of you would have been a wonderful asset to share your past. Unfortunately you chose to complain about a contest that was run by board members with the approval of those who choose to participte. That's too bad.

am leaving the forums for a while because most of the people on these forums are mean, selfish, poopy, and conservative (Not Politically). I am sure there are very nice people on these forums who are open to new ideas and like to nicely discuss movies, but none of them have replied to my forums. So I and the rest of the users of the hawkraven account are fed up by the way we've have been treated on these forums. It's not really a wonder why every forum turns into a fighting forum on this site. Here are the users on this account: Seymour Lippman- Seymour was the janitor for RKO pictures for a long time. He has seen the making of Top Hat, King Kong, and Citizen Kane. Anette Lippman- Anette used to go to RKO finale parties with Seymour and was friends with Fred Astaire and Orson Welles.

William Bennet (The Person who is writing the message) - I am a script writer and I am a film composer. I write music for my own films. So yeah, we're all fed up. To end on a high note, I would like to say that films are my life and my passion and I hope that people will be less selfish and fun sucking when we come back to these forums.

Not everyone is how you say they are. There are two people here (really, I think they are both the same person, but 2 usernames), who I despise. They are on Ignore, and that settles it.

Is there some reason why your resume was important to include? Have any of you shared your experiences in any of your posts? I don't recall reading any posts that recount experiences any of you have had. If not, why not? If not, then why does it matter who any of you are? Finally, why are there three of you using one access? Most people assume the users here are one person.

Best wishes to you all!

To Mr. Bennett and the Lippmanns -

I am sorry you all are taking a break from here. And if my post to you yesterday was in anyway a cuase for this decision, I sincerely apologise. I didn't wish to drive anyone away nor make them feel unwelcome.

One of the three of you made the poor choice of tinkering with a very important thread in these Forums. If one of you had decided to write a thread tiltled similarly to "In The Spotlight" it would have been equally troublesome. And many folks would have rushed to defend the thread begun by the original poster and asked you to rethink the choice you had made.

I, for one, would enjoy a thread where you each introduce yourselves and offer some of the stories about classic Hollywood - which I am betting you have many. And I am sure I wouldn't be alone. There are many varied film fans around here. And we are all unique individuals - but I don't know many that have the background you all seem to have. If you have written about your backgrounds in these Forums before and I have missed them, I am sorry - and sorry I have missed them.

If you are looking for a place to socialize and play games, there are many places online to do that. I know my mother plays Spades / Hearts etc. in a few different places. Perhaps a different site for your game-playing would be more satisfying to that urge. But when you want to discuss TCM and all the related topics you come back here. I'd hate to have you around and be frustrated, angry or disappointed in what goes on here.

I hope you all return someday soon. And if you are all going to share an account, now that you have all been introduced, you might wish to "introduce" your individual selves when posting so we can know which of you are posting.

And then start introducing us to your personal recollections. I am looking forward to knowing each of you better.

Kyle In Hollywood

I am relatively new to the boards here at TCM but as kim says, I have found them to be quite safe, inclusive, non-threatening and fun. I love talking with folks about the old movies and what is more, I love what they have to share and teach me...cause I really don't know a whole lot other than what I've watched and enjoyed. I'm so sorry you - all got upset and hope you will return and share all those wonderful, delicious tidbits of cinema history that you are lucky enough to call your own. Sincerely, DLT

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings