Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sound Synchronization, or "Oh Pierre, You Shouldn't Have Come!"

Genevieveannabelle

I recorded "Three Smart Girls," "It's A Date," and "Hide-Out" yesterday morning while I was at work.

When I played back the films last night, the sound from "It's A Date" and "Hide Out" was not synchronized with the video. (Deanna Durbin's musical numbers in "It's A Date", in particular, were most bizarre.)

I can only liken it to "Singin' In The Rain." While the sound problems in "The Duelling Cavalier" sequence in "Singin' In The Rain" were deliberate (and very funny), watching the playback of "It's A Date" and "Hide-Out" last night was not even mildly amusing.

I am no certainly no technological genius (or any other type of genius, for that matter), so please bear with me when I ask if anyone else out there in Message Boards Land experienced or observed the same synchronization problem?

Many Thanks!

Genevieve A.

Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you. I didn't tape these movies, just watched IT'S A DATE and HIDE-OUT as they aired--without any problem. It seems they were broadcast properly--or handled properly by Comcast in my area. It's so sweet to hear Deanna Durbin singing "Ave Maria" at the end of IT'S A DATE and to watch Robert Montgomery's racketeer character being rehabilitated in HIDE-OUT. Hope you can see--and hear!--them the right way sometime. HIDE-OUT is on the TCM schedule for Feb. 25th.

Love the title of your thread!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings