Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

William Wellman's Dec 5th Offerings

OllieTSB

I enjoyed the William Wellman films, and especially the chance to hear his son elaborate more about the films, what they meant to his family, and how the politics of those years shaped his father's politics.

STAR WITNESS featured the - as predicted by good folks here - enjoyable Chic Sale performance. It's still hard for me to juxtapose "Dodsworth" Huston with "Howard" Huston and his bags of gold-dust.

HEROES FOR SALE had some harder parts than anticipated, especially given the release date and the state of the union at the time.

WILD BOYS OF THE ROAD was completely unexpected, and much tougher than I'd expected. There's more over in the PRE-CODE Forum about it, but wow - Ward Bond as rapist?!! No wonder he moved to Ireland and became a priest! Or found the time-machine and went back to the Old West.

Seriously, though, what year did The Code hit? About 1933, right? I wonder how impactful WILD BOYS and this Ward Bond scene were on getting the Code installed?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings