Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

change of channel

phattyg5n

I live in South Jersey, in the Phila tri-state area. Our main TV access is through Comcast. The channel for Tcm has been changed from 64 to 169. consequently, it has become unavailable to customers who do not have HDTV. Many of your viewers are senior citizens who cannot afford televisions with this feature,or the added cost of having HDTV. I really miss watching TCM. I called Comcast, but they blamed the change on the network, but I feel that this is a ploy for Comcast to make more money. Thousands of people are affected by this.

Comcast generally places TCM in the range of "digital" channels. To receive digital channels it is necessary to have the digital converter provided by your cable provider.

While HDTV is "digital" it is not necessary to have HDTV service or a High Definition TV to receive digital channels.

At some point in the next few years cable service providers will be abandoning analog "cable-ready" service and become entirely "digital."

Analog TV broadcasting will be gone in February 2009. This will affect everyone receiving TV through an antenna. As the federal government, in collusion with industry and service providers, reallocates and sells the older TV broadcast frequencies to the highest bidders, grows the government through establishing and administering new regulations and new fees, this will make life "better." "Better for whom" do you ask? To ask the question is to answer it.

I, too, am a senior citizen living on a fixed income. TCM is a priority for me; I watch little else.

More detailed information may be found in this thread:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=101421&tstart=0

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings