Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old "NOW PLAYING" Issues

MGMMayer

As a certified pack-rat, I have to ask this to the people who subscribe to TCM's "Now Playing" program guide....

What do you do with your old issues? Do you throw them out once the month is over, or do you keep them?

I've been saving all of mine....6 years' worth, and they're really piling up, but I just can't bring myself to throw any of them away. If they were JUST the program schedules,I would have no problem getting rid of the old isues, but they have such great pictures and short articles that I feel like I should hold onto them, even though they're several years old.

So what about YOU? Do you keep your old "Now Playings" or do you throw them out once the program schedule has "expired"?

I keep them in a box. But, sometimes I'm tempted to cut out some of the photos and make a scrap book or something. If I save enough,(which is really starting to get to be large) I could re-insulate a wall or make "Now Playing guide" furniture.

vallo

Man, I keep everything.

I have all of my old issues of The New Yorker, Opera News, and National Geographic, The Strand mystery magazine, and the fabulous Sherlock Holmes reprints that Stanford put out for two years. Just to mention a few. How could I not keep these? At least they're smaller.

And there have been occasions when I was trying to remember the name of a film, but had some idea when it had aired on TCM, and was actually able to find it!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings