Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for a particular movie that I saw on TCM last holiday season

TrixieLynn

I saw a movie last Christmas season on TCM, but I don't know the name of it. It was only on once, as I looked on TCM's upcoming movies. I don't remember much except that I loved it and it was a warm, heartfelt story. This is what I remember......a lot of the movie takes place in the kitchen of this woman's house. She doesn't have a lot of money, I believe, and worried about how to manage. A woman comes along and just starts taking care of her and her children, cooking for them and managing the household for very little money. The movie is black and white. There are lovely scenes of snow outside and such. I can't remember the name of the movie or who is in it. Any help that anyone can provide would be much appreciated !!

You can read the brief novel of White Banners by Lloyd Douglas online at the following web address:

http://tinyurl.com/24c45z

Btw, the ending is different from the movie (I think the movie's denouement is better).

If no one is able to find a copy of this movie for you, I'd keep checking the TCM schedule since it seems to pop up every six months or so. Good Luck!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings