Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Palmerin

The Black Barbara Stanwyck

As I watch Barbara S today, 13 August 2017, I realize she reminds me of someone else--someone of the present day. Finally it dawns on me: PAM GRIER! Pam G looks like a black version of Barbara S!

You agree, yes? :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

So "The Big Valley" actually refers to Pam Grier's cleavage?

• Like 2

34ecea01f24afc5490902dc29ce293ec--classi

5c6745f5f551132d446cf993aea20a37.jpg

The same almond eyes, the same pointed noses, the same sharp cheekbones, the same full mouths--they could easily be related. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Although Stanwyck was tough, I just can't see her blowing off a pimp's head with a shotgun. But I could be wrong.

Although Stanwyck was tough, I just can't see her blowing off a pimp's head with a shotgun. But I could be wrong.

Well she did encourage her boyfriend to ensure that bad-guy Gable is killed in Night Nurse and they laugh about it at the end of this pre-code.

So she might not pull the trigger but she doesn't mind loading the gun.

• Like 1

The should remake Babyface. Pam would be great.

Pam is 68 years old.   I believe you meant to say they should have made a remake of Baby Face (about 40 years ago).

But yea,  Pam has the screen persona for such a role.    

Pam is 68 years old.   I believe you meant to say they should have made a remake of Baby Face (about 40 years ago).

But yea,  Pam has the screen persona for such a role.    

No, I meant now. We just need to change the venue from a corporate ladder to a rest home escalator.

No, I meant now. We just need to change the venue from a corporate ladder to a rest home escalator.

Original-Gangstas-Fred-Williamson-Pam-Gr

"Watch what you're sayin' about my lady, turkey!"

• Like 2

She should have won the Oscar for Jackie Brown. I saw that for the first time at the end of June and she was wonderful. She wasn't even nominated though.....

Also, I have a second-hand film book called The MGM Story, a film-by-film look at the studio's history and the author calls Grier the Ava Gardner of Black Cinema or something to that regard.....

Original-Gangstas-Fred-Williamson-Pam-Gr

"Watch what you're sayin' about my lady, turkey!"

LOL

My inner Ralph Kramden has surfaced, "Bub-ub-ub-ub-ub-ub-ub-ub-ub ... "

Wonderful quick-fire photo find and tres amusant. I love Pam's face. Hi Pam (heh, heh).

In a book about the adventure genre that I used to own, its author commented on the actors and actresses that were particularly adept at adventure. Of Barbara the Big S he said that she was a feisty creature with all the pugnacity of a terrier.

As I watch Barbara S today, 13 August 2017, I realize she reminds me of someone else--someone of the present day. Finally it dawns on me: PAM GRIER! Pam G looks like a black version of Barbara S!

You agree, yes? :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Not sure I could go along with this observation of yours, Palmerin...although I suppose I can see where you're coming from here to some extent.

(...now, on the other hand, Gail Fisher on Mannix always reminded me a lot of a "black version" of Ruth Roman)

34ecea01f24afc5490902dc29ce293ec--classi

5c6745f5f551132d446cf993aea20a37.jpg

Well, not in the bosom dept................:D