Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

War movie with Van Johnson

jlaslp

Back in the early 70's I watched an old B&W war movie with Van Johnson but I can't remember much about it or the name of the movie (which is what I'm after). The part I do remember is they were trying to land a plane (with a bottom portion having glass where maybe 2 men sat)...I guess the wheels must not have been working so they were worried about these guys being killed upon landing. Yes, I know this is vague...but I was just a youngster then. I just remember Van Johnson because that is when I fell for this good looking man...and I still adore him now. Can someone help with the name of this war movie? Thanks!

Message was edited by: jlaslp

I could not find any films like this with Van Johnson. But your description sent me looking elsewhere. This might be way off, but the film you describe sounds a lot like a tv episode from Amazing Stories. The episode entitled "The Mission" was directed and co-written by Steven Spielberg.

"Amazing Stories" (1985)

Original Air Date:3 November 1985 (Season 1, Episode 5)

here is a synopsis from another website:

A courageous young World War II gunner and aspiring cartoonist, trapped in the belly of a B-17 aircraft, has only his imagination as a force that might be able to save him.

Sometime in the past year I recall seeing a feature length movie-compilation that included this episode on one of the pay-cable movie channels.

Thanks for your help ... it does have a crash scene in it. I was looking at the other character actors and recognized someone else, so I do believe it is Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo. Now I'll have to see when this movie is playing on TCM so I will know for sure :o)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings