Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie host mentioned at the end of The Treasure of Sierra Madre

jaydarl

The Cheyenne TV show reused the script from Treasure of Sierra Madre, believe it or not. Clint 'Cheyenne' Walker played the Howard part and Rod Taylor 's character was Curtin. Even more unbelievable, Edward Andrews played the Fred C Dobbs character. The screenplay threw out all the Tampico stuff. It starts with Cheyenne meeting up with the other two on the trail and they decide to go prospecting.

The first season of Cheyenne reused a whole slew of WB scripts and used footage from the movies; Rocky Mountain(Dickie Jones is easily spotted), Charge at Feather River (I knew something was up when Clint showed with a hat too small for him - Guy Madison's), and even They Drive by Night! I think the only one they didn't use was Air Force, and I haven't seen Season 2 yet!! I wouldn't put it past them - they could change the Maryanne into a wagon train.

I've noticed this too, but not to the impressive extent you have. They used ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES, and used it well. Primarily the "walk to the gallows" concept. CHEYENNE wasn't a bad TV show. Melodramatic. Poorly acted in some cases. But the stories were dramatic and satisfying. I enjoyed it. Of course, I was four!

RR

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings