Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Showing other movies

maryjmartin

I think you should give all 150,000 movies in your library a screening instead of showing the same ones. I think Inherit the Wind has been on at least 3 times this year, so has Gidget and on the town and there are others that seem to get shown twice a month. Mind you this is better than on American Movie Classics which shows mostly movies from 70s on and runs them up to five and maybe more times a month. To this end I would like to recommend The Lively Set, For Those Who Think Young, Tijuana Story, Rumble on the Docks, the Brothers Rico, Gunman's Walk, Let No Man Write My Epitaph, The Guns of Navarone, Where The Boys Are, All the Young Men, I'm sure other people could think of more suggestions. In particular movies not available on vhs/dvd should be shown.

I think you're confusing the 150,000 titles listed in TCM's database with the films they actually have to run. The database is a reference tool and only a reference tool and is in no way a listing of the films they have under contract to show. In fact, TCM doesn't even have a library of their own anymore. The Turner library is now under the control of Warner Bros. and TCM must lease films from them just like they do from any other studio.

It certainly would be nice if TCM had the rights to every film in the database. I once figured it out and if they did, and averaged about 300 films a month, they could go for about 42 years without a repeat.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings