Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jane Powell or Wyman?

NicholeEbony

Does anybody remember a movie possibly by Jane Powell or Wyman whose plot includes a story about a baby that she "accidently" (gets left on her door step) ends up taking care of and has to try to explain to people it is really not her baby due to the stigma at the time attached to unwed mothers. I think also in the movie she is dating a guy who works in a department store. I want to know the name of the movie because I enjoy the lullabies she sings to the baby. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an earlier version with Ginger Rogers, David Niven, and, I think, Charles Coburn. Ginger was a Christmastime temporary worker at Niven's department store, and she found a baby on a church step or something. She ended up being forced to keep it; the people at the orphanage where she tried to take it contacted Niven (she had been fired from the store) and got her her job back. He thought the baby was hers and that she was an irresponsible mother. He stepped into her life and tried to "help" with the baby. Then Coburn thought Niven (his son in the movie) was the baby's father. Of course Niven and Rogers fell in love, etc., etc. all leading up to a happy ending. This version predated the Debbie Reynolds/Eddie Fisher version by more than a decade; it is called BACHELOR MOTHER. Hope this helps.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings