Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SAFE IN HELL/PURCHASE PRICE

Hibi

Any watchers last night? I thought Purchase Price was a sweet little movie (hadnt seen either movie before) George Brent was hot when he was young!!! Hell, was an oddity for sure, but interesting. I'd never seen Dorothy Mackaill before (did a little research and her career was mostly in silents) I recorded the rest of the night's offerings for future viewing. Did anyone watch those? What were the best?

And I forgot Night Nurse! I hadnt seen that either. Was odd seeing Gable in such a small part and as a heavy. That packed a lot of story in just over an hr. It allmost seemed like 2 movies as it went off in a different tangent midway........Barbara was good as always

Message was edited by: Hibi

Message was edited by: Hibi

These are both strong films that I want for my collection. I'll remember them for a long time. Thursday, they showed Arlene Dahl's WICKED AS THEY COME (1956), and I thought this was another strong performance by Arlene. The reviews called it "predictable" or watered-down, and I can see those elements but I thought it was another interesting addition to these Pre-Code Women's Films.

Someone at TCM is doing a lot of good homework to put out series like these.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings