Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Two Mrs Carrolls Bogart & Stanwyck

dsclassic

Yeh this movie is pretty darn good. It features Bogart in a role like no other he has ever played.

Stanwyck is awesome in this as is Alexis Smith. I highly recommend this picture if your a fan of either of the leads. Sadly it is only on VHS but TCM plays it time to time, the last time that I know of was a month or so ago. Luckily my dad burned it on DVD for me. Other than that amazon has it used for under 10 bucks on VHS.

kudos for a cool thread!

-

kpr

"The Two Mrs. Carrolls" is the great, largely undiscovered camp classic that nobody seems to know about. Everyone is in top form (but with tongue in cheek - especially Bogey, who plays it to the hilt). Unintentionally hilarious throughout. Definitely worth seeing and taping for repeated viewings. It's very surprising that this one hasn't developed more of a cult reputation as its screaming out for cult status.

Stanwyck is at her late 40's Warner period peak.

Whatever happened to the little girl who plays the very precocious, beret-wearing bookworm daughter? She's an absolute scream in all of her scenes.

Someone should turn this into a Mel Brooks-style musical.

It would make millions.

"Stanwyck is at her late 40's Warner period peak. Whatever happened to the little girl who plays the very precocious, beret-wearing bookworm daughter? She's an absolute scream in all of her scenes."

Ann Carter, see the post below, is the little blonde. She was like a mini-Veronica Lake, wasn't she? She was featured in "The Curse of the Cat People." She was a beauty.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings