Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

mountie movie

jojosmom

Have been trying for years to find an old movie that used to be shown on tv over 30 years ago, but I don't know its name. It was about a city gal who married a mountie & tries to adapt to his life up north. Travel was by dog sled & there was an epidemic of smallpox or something among the indians. Can anyone figure out what this movie was called? I'm almost certain it's not available for home use, but perhaps it has yet to be restored & will show up some time. I can hope!

Welcome to the boards. I believe you're thinking of the 1949 film "MRS. MIKE" which starred Dick Powell and Evelyn Keyes. A few years ago, a company called Critic's Choice Video had it out on VHS, but it's never been released on DVD. I had it at one time, but gave it to a Canadian friend of mine who is a retired mountie. As I recall, the quality was pretty good. Perhaps, you can locate a used copy someplace. Good luck.

They do have the film at Amazon.com But it's comes with an Outrageous price the cheapest is $125.00 dollars.

markfp2 he must have been a good/good friend.

Find the VHS here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00069IH7S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1197661430&sr=1-1

vallo

He is a good friend, but when I bought it I think Critic's Choice was selling it for $4.95 new. Actually, I bought it with him in mind because he collects anything "mountie". I watched it once and passed it on. I certainly don't think the film is worth $125.00 just because it's out of print.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings