Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

November Schedule is Up

Anybody know the story behind the blank space for Nov. 17 primetime?

The primetime theme that night is listed as "WONDERSTRUCK." The films being featured are THE WIND (1928), BEING THERE (1979), MEAN STREETS (1973), McCABE AND MRS. MILLER (1971) and THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC (1928). Not sure what the connecting theme is there, but I have one guess: Director Todd Haynes will be TCM's guest programmer in October, just prior to the release of his new movie, called WONDERSTRUCK. So I'm guessing this evening will be another tie-in with the Haynes film. 

Why can you see it, and I can't? Has it been removed altogether?

Edit: I just went back and clicked on the link for that week again, and the whole evening is there, just as you described. It was a big blank spot six hours ago, hence my confusion. Never mind!

The primetime theme that night is listed as "WONDERSTRUCK." The films being featured are THE WIND (1928), BEING THERE (1979), MEAN STREETS (1973), McCABE AND MRS. MILLER (1971) and THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC (1928). Not sure what the connecting theme is there, but I have one guess: Director Todd Haynes will be TCM's guest programmer in October, just prior to the release of his new movie, called WONDERSTRUCK. So I'm guessing this evening will be another tie-in with the Haynes film. 

What's the new Haynes film about? Anyone know?

What's the new Haynes film about? Anyone know?

Based on a 2011 novel by Brian Selznick.

From Wikipedia -

The film takes place in both 1927 and 1977. In the earlier time period, Rose (Milicent Simmonds) runs away from her New Jersey home to find her idol Lillian Mayhew (Julianne Moore). In the later time frame, Ben (Oakes Fegley) also runs away to New York after his mother's death in search of his missing father. 

Also featuring Michelle Williams and Tom Noonan.

Another thing about Wonderstruck is that it is going to be a feast for a classic film fan. The scenes in the 1920s are all done as a silent film with title cards in Black-and-White, making it the first partial silent to come out of Hollywood since Silent Movie 41 years ago. (The Artist was filmed in Hollywood but was backed by the French)

It's also decidedly a family-friendly affair with a PG rating.