Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dorothy Coonan Wellman

I was just wondering if Dorothy Coonan Wellman has ever been contacted regarding her performance in Wild Boys Of The Road in recent days. This film was not available for years and is one wonderful Depression era movie. She appeared in the documentary Wild Bill produced by her son, Wm. Jr. and I was curious to know her present circumstances. I read so much about her in Wellman's autobiography, A Short Time For Insanity, and his references to her are some of the most romantic passages ever put on paper. He may have been a crusty old curmudgeon to many but his heart sure belonged to Dottie. Thank you so much for your research.

A little Christmas movie trivia for you fans, Dorothy Coonan Wellman's brother, John, was the assistant director on White Christmas. Was watching it tonight on DVD, holiday tradition you know, and noticed his name in the credits. Now if somebody out there can find out what happened to Dorothy.

Message was edited by: rml333

A poster here in another thread posted that she and Bill Wellman, Jr appeared at the Lone Pine Film Festival back in the mid to late 1990s but while Bill, Jr has made appearances there since then, Mrs. Wellman has not.

Perhaps she is in ill health or unable to travel?

I believe this is a dead end research item. How do I contact the mystical Mongo? Perhaps he can supply some information. Does he view these items or is he a separate entity? Let me know out there if you have any insights as to how the answer may be attained.

The ever mystical Mongo supplied the answer to my question. Mrs. Wellman celebrated her 92nd birthday this past October. By all accounts, she is doing well. For this information, I am grateful and I wish all my fellow movie aficionadoes the best Christmas, Happy Holidays Ever!!!

I just received my copy of G.I. Joe directed by Wm Wellman and it has an unbilled performance by Mrs. Wellman as Nurse Murphy. She has three words of dialogue! This film is very touching and is a wonderful tribute to the infantry of WWII. I highly recommend it to all fellow Wellman fans. Hope all of you are enjoying the holidays.

Robert M. Lee, Jr.