Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modern Comedy Films

Metropolisforever

Today's comedy films are pathetic.

Apparently, someone rolling on a dead squirrel and vomiting on the camera is today's idea of "comedy".

But trust me, if you're smart enough to not flee the vacuum cleaner or eat gravel-covered turds out of the kitty litter box, you're going to want to steer clear of today's comedy films.

While an occasional gem is produced, most of today's comedy almost unanimously sucks.

R.I.P. Comedy

P.S. Modern horror movies are even worse.

Most of them are dumb teen comedies

others have Jack Black , Steve O ,Adam Sandler and I cant stand either one

Its always the same, stupid jokes, stupid situations, girls taking their clothes off showing off their best qualities, the guys drink, smoke, do drugs and of course there are pee,poop , sex jokes and vomiting, really entertaining huh

Appeals to certain audiences

Not me

Give me a gory horror movie :) LOL

You summed it up pretty good. I couldn't agree more. When I think of that movie a few years back with Adam Sandler and his little boy standing side-by-side along the outside of a public building taking a ****, I can't help thinking: this is comedy? I don't think so.

Then the fool turns around and does a pathetic re-make of Mr. Deeds Goes To Town. I can't believe I actually sat through that even though it was a later TV showing.

A number of years ago, my wife and I were watching a rental video of There's Something About Mary. About half way through it I said, "Have you had enough, yet?" She said, "Turn it off, please!"

Yeah, they put in a lot of bodily function "jokes" and excessive foul language and they think they're being hip and creative. I wonder if their younger audience members are amused and entertained by this nonsense.

I out grew those types of jokes many years ago, I have seen the likes of "Porkeys" and once in a great once in a while, its fun, steady diet of juvenile hummer is and body function jokes is not funny anymore, I haven't watched a new comedy in years, In fact I think "Porkys" Which came out about time I graduated from High School, Early 1980's, I never really got into dumbed down humor that much even then,

I know I'm probably going to get stoned for saying this, but I do find some juvenile humor to be funny, even through I've found most of the juvenile humor that has come out the last couple of years to be lame, because they have been trying too hard to get a laugh.

I never said it wasn't funny, its just a little tends to go a long ways theses day,,, in small doses in the right situation its funnier then heck , but when they start doing it just to do it and are trying too hard to be funny its not funny anymore, it boring,,,,

Kinda like T&A a little can go a long way then its not fun....

Producers need to know when enough is enough already....

Oh sure, some of that silly, inane humor is funny. You mentioned Porky's and I still chuckle over the gag they used in the diner scene when one of the guys pulled a practical joke on the waitress by calling the restaurant's phone # and asked the waitress to page Mike Hunt. I was practically rolling on the floor laughing. But overall the movie is not very good.

Nicki82, you won't get stoned by me. As much as I don't care for much of the comedy they make today, yes, there is always the exception so I wouldn't want to pan whole genre. One should be flexible.

There are always exception to every rule, As for Porkys, they tried to milk it for all it was worth,, and I never bothered ever seeing the last 2or was 3 editions, kinda like they did with Smokey and the Bandit, never cared to see the last ones.. They just didn't interest me.. Loved the 1st one..

But I digres, theis was susposed to be about modern comdey films, not about bad 2 & 3rd versions of movies, thats another thread...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings