Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Year's Eve Noir title

casbah

Can anyone tell me the title of a film I saw 40 years ago ? It was probably from the 1940's. The movie begins on New Year's Eve. A woman shoots her husband. At the stroke of midnight she realizes that she has gone back in time and has one year to change the horrific out come of that night--she can relive the year leading up to the murder. She takes a male friend into her confidence (he might be a police detective) and together they try to change the course of events so that she will not murder her husband. But fate is inescaple, and as midnight on New Year's approaches again, the friend shoots the husband so the woman escapes her fate.

Because I saw this film as a child, I have no memory of the actors' names or the title, just the clearly memorable plot, and the New Years' Eve theme. I hope another film fan recognizes this movie!

Yes, this is the film. Thank you so much for your help--it was impossible to find using only key words like"midnight" and "New Year's." Unfortunately, it is not available on DVD or VHS. Does anyone have any suggestions of a way to obtain or view this film?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings