Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fsunnylynne

KING KONG ON DVD

I'd imagine they'll put it out sooner or later. There are many great movies yet to issued on DVD. They like to hold out on us to create a demand...I think.

I think you're right about them holding out on us ant - Fox is doing that right now with "The Grapes of Wrath," and "Laura," which were already scheduled for release. I read an article that stated that they were pulled for further restoration, but I'm not so sure. Hopefully that is the case. I still don't understand why "Grand Hotel" and "Dinner at Eight" are not out - two of the greatest ensemble acting movies ever made with all-star casts. And yet you see lesser classics making it to DVD with no problem. ???????????????

Considering the fact that Ted Turner owns the rights to many classic films, including "King Kong" if I'm correct, it's funny that more of them don't make it to DVD. I hate to say it, but maybe the reason is because they want people to watch them on TCM, because if they had the DVD, they wouldn't be so quick to watch it on T.V. Considering Mr. Turner's and TCM's devotion to classic cinema, I'm truly suprised that more of the films in their library are not available. Perhaps it has to do with copyright laws, or licensing, or whatever, but it's still a valid question.

I agree Moviejoe....very good point.... maybe we, die-hard movie buffs would try to buy almost all the classic dvd available, spending every penny we've got....from WB, MGM, Fox, owned by Turner, or whatever...and maybe they're afraid us, their objective audience, would stop watching classic Tv channels like TCM....but if so....on the other hand, nobody would release The sixth sense, austin powers, etc...and i think the channels that schedule them still have an audience!!!.... but, aagain, maybe they fear classic film buffs will behave in a different way if they can have all the movies they love in their dvd or vhs collections,,,,who knows???